Wizcorp is looking for Software Engineers for a selection of diverse fields. Depending on your background, skills, and experience we’ll find the most suitable role within our teams for you. We value human skills and character as much as we do experience and proficiency.
You might start with an hour of looking over some code with a senior engineer. You then might have the opportunity to look at optimizing a piece of AI logic, discussing as necessary with a specialist in the area. In the afternoon you may spend some time working with game designers and artists to complete feature integration.
- Complete assigned engineering tasks in a timely manner
- Test and document provided solutions to allow other developers to review and learn
- Write clear, maintainable code that passes review by senior engineers
- Estimate own tasks and deliver them in a timely manner
- Raise all blockers when they arise to the feature lead or project lead
- Follow software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, and testing
- Take ownership of medium-sized features by breaking them into manageable tasks that can be accomplished by themselves and/or others
- Coordinate with members outside of the engineering team to deliver features in a timely manner
- Strong software development fundamentals, design theory, and development processes
- Excellent debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willingness to work as part of a team and contribute to technical discussions
- Eager to learn from reviews and constructive feedback
- Strong personal time management
- University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline; or relevant professional experience
- 3+ years professional software engineering experience
- Demonstrable Software Engineering ability
- Experience with Git or other version control system
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with C++
Nice to haves
While not specifically required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience with C# or Go
- Experience with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or proprietary engine code
- Understanding of 2D and 3D math
- At least one year of experience in the video game industry
- Conversational Japanese proficiency or above
The following tiers are currently in application for this position:
- SE1: 350~400K/month (equivalent to 2-3 years of experience)
- SE2: 400~500K/month (equivalent to 4-5 years of experience)
- SE3: 500~550K/month (equivalent to 6-7 years of experience)
All new staff members’ initial salary will be based on experience and interview evaluation.
Includes a 6 months probation period. Salary is not affected nor changed during that period.
- Salary revision: based on performance
- No yearly bonus. Incentive bonuses may be distributed based on company performance