About Rapyuta Robotics
Rapyuta Robotics aims at building low cost, lightweight autonomous mobile robots with high-level intelligence distributed in the cloud, enabling such robots to offload some of their heavy computation and seamlessly learn and share experiences with one another.
Live your best life - at work and outside
We strive to create an environment that is open - inclusive and transparent and safe - for taking risks and being you! We work hard and relatively a bit long to make a dent in the universe, but we make sure we have time for our families, friends, and lives outside the office. With a diverse set of professionals ranging from mechanical engineering to machine learning, culture from more than 15 countries, and robots from AMRs to Arms, there is always something to learn and to be amazed!
We welcome overseas candidates
If you aren’t based in Japan yet, we’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. In addition to covering part of your airfare, we provide a fixed relocation fee of ¥100,000 for a single employee, and ¥200,000 for those with family.
Our response to COVID-19
Based on the work nature of our work with robotic software, it’s mandatory for most of the engineers to be on-site. While we’re still coming into the office, we’re aligning with whatever the government is requesting, such as requesting employees to wear masks and undergo temperature checks.
For candidates overseas, we’ll support your visa, but you’ll need to wait until travel restrictions are loosened to be onboarded.
About the position
Our engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our customers. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers, solution developers and system integrators in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. Our forte is multi robot collaboration and distributed decision making, and our mission is to build products that help our customers create robust, scalable and flexible collaborative robots solutions. We are looking for passionate problem solvers with experience in any of the fields of swarm robotics, Game AI, multi robot route planning, constraint programming or traditional distributed systems.
In this role, you will own key components of our distributed intelligence stack. You will be designing, implementing, testing and maintaining:
- the global and local behaviour controllers that govern the decision making for the fleet of autonomous AMRs.
- the global path planners and executors that control AMR traffic.
- different task allocation strategies and their optimizations.
- our production grade open source distributed intelligence framework, ALICA.
In addition, you will be expected to:
- mentor juniors in their day to day deliverables.
- do architecture and code reviews for the fellow teammates.
- contribute to core team processes and to company-wide efforts
- identify opportunities for improvements in engineering processes and make relevant recommendations
- maintain a high-level of communication with cross-functional teams and partners
- be versatile and open to work on challenging problems that our customers bring to the table as our business grows.
- Bachelor’s, Masters or Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or a similar technical field of study
- Excellent grasp of Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Good OOP and multi-threading knowledge
- Advanced proficiency in C++ 11 or above
- At Least 5 years of corporate or research experience in a similar domain
- ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience with libraries like SMACH, Behaviour Tree, RosPlan
- Experience in the field of multi robot route planning, constraint programming or distributed systems
- Experience with robots (autonomous or manually operated)
- Knowledge of CI/CD systems
- Startup experience
- Mentorship experience
What makes you stand out
- Startup experience
- Contribution to open source
- Publications or patents in related domain