About Rapyuta Robotics
Rapyuta Robotics aims at building low cost, lightweight autonomous mobile robots with high-level intelligence distributed in the cloud, enabling such robots to offload some of their heavy computation and seamlessly learn and share experiences with one another.
Live your best life - at work and outside
We strive to create an environment that is open - inclusive and transparent and safe - for taking risks and being you! We work hard and relatively a bit long to make a dent in the universe, but we make sure we have time for our families, friends, and lives outside the office. With a diverse set of professionals ranging from mechanical engineering to machine learning, culture from more than 15 countries, and robots from AMRs to Arms, there is always something to learn and to be amazed!
We welcome overseas candidates
If you aren’t based in Japan yet, we’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. In addition to covering part of your airfare, we provide a fixed relocation fee of ¥100,000 for a single employee, and ¥200,000 for those with family.
Our response to COVID-19
Based on the work nature of our work with robotic software, it’s mandatory for most of the engineers to be on-site. While we’re still coming into the office, we’re aligning with whatever the government is requesting, such as requesting employees to wear masks and undergo temperature checks.
For candidates overseas, we’ll support your visa, but you’ll need to wait until travel restrictions are loosened to be onboarded.
About the position
Our Tokyo Engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our customers - from a handful of robots to hundreds of robots; from a small team to multiple squads. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. The team’s mission is to pioneer scalable, collaborative, and flexible robotics solutions.
- Maintaining and enhancing hardware & software test framework for simulation and physical test cases, maintaining fast and reliable test infrastructure
- Executing field tests and writing reports
- Working closely with the development team to understand and implement their testing requirements
- Recommending changes to the engineering process to improve testing, reliability and performance
- Monitoring and analyzing problems highlighted by testing, then assisting the development team to resolve problems
- Ensuring customer requirements and performance metrics are met
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent practical experience with an outstanding track record
- At least 2 years experience in software testing, robotic testing, or a similar role
- Experience with shell scripting and comfortable using Linux
- Familiarity CI/CD systems and good understanding of version control systems, particularly Git
- Knowledge of testing approaches: test levels, BDD/TDD, blackbox /whitebox approaches, regression testing
- Knowledge of testing life cycle: test design approaches (boundary value, equivalence partitioning), execution, bug handling
- Familiarity with API & UI testing and relevant tools (Postman/Newman)
- Familiarity with frameworks (Testng/PyTest/JUnit) in any of programming languages (Java/Python/C++)
- Familiarity with selenium for test automation
- Attention to detail, strong communication and documentation skills
- Proficiency in English
- Experience with working with mobile robots
- Good understanding of robotic systems, functional safety
- Experience with CMake, Catkin, Docker, and Jenkins
- Experience with customer-facing work or project management
- Ability to test hardware and software systems
- ISTQB FL certification
- Experience with robotics simulation
- Familiarity with ROS and programming experience (preferably C++ and/or python)
- Familiarity with robotic sensors (cameras, lidars, wheel encoders, etc.)