Japan's first digital freight forwarder.
We are a technology company working towards digitalizing international trading, and the first digital forwarding company in Japan (aiming to become No. 1 in Asia). We are building a multi-faceted digital platform that allows both customers (importer/exporter) and operators to efficiently and fluidly process international trade workflows, which today is mostly processed through human labour. Our platform currently covers freight forwarding and we are aiming to expand our coverage throughout the international trade supply chain.
At Shippio we are focused on revolutionizing the legacy industry of logistics. We plan to do away with tracking things on paper and by hand with a centralized platform that provides an easy to use dashboard for automated data entry and document generation.
Our core values
- Be courageous and decisive. Don’t be afraid to take on challenges and don’t let precedent stand in the way of accomplishing goals
- Strive for greatness. Accept constructive criticism and be willing to continually improve yourself.
- Believe in your fellow crewmates. Enjoy developing as a team. Help team members grow and learn from them.
Our Current Stack
We have a Ruby on Rails and Go Back-End, deployed on AWS. We expose our APIs to our Front-End (written in React.js) via GraphQL. However, we are in the process of moving to a service architecture, so we would be happy to hear about your favourite technological stack to use in our next service!
Joining the Shippio adventure means
- Being part of a passionate and human-sized team (about 60 people with 20 engineers)
- Experiencing a period of strong growth as a startup, with exciting challenges ahead
- Imagining the logistics innovations of tomorrow
- Working with a world-class engineer team.
Portrait of our Engineers
- You don’t fall for the hype
- You see technology as a way to solve problems and be creative
- You don’t mind peer reviews, you love them
- You have the culture of delivery
- You value craftsmanship
- You are comfortable working in both a team and also independently to ensure goals are achieved
- Quality of code is your priority and you follow best practices
- You have an ability to foresee where the infrastructure may need to be altered to keep in line with the company strategy
Visit the office once per week
We work remotely in principle, coming into the office once per week.