We need an engineer who can develop a highly-scalable, world-class backend platform for Ads/News Ranking working closely with our Machine Learning Engineers.
- Plan and execute engineering development of robust and scalable backend systems to enable state-of-the-art news Ranking to millions of users
- Support the maintenance and the stability of world-class core news Ranking system components
- Collaborate closely with global cross functional teams (Product Managers, Editors, Machine Learning engineers) to develop backend system for new news-related product features
- Work closely with software engineers to optimize backend system of news articles, pages, channels, search, and other news-related-features to provide high quality user experience and increase user engagement
- Work closely with News Delivery and AI Foundation teams to develop system that deliver personalized news
- Proactive, innovative, creative problem solving for system improvements which will result in user impact
- Solid experience in building distributed, highly scalable systems supporting millions of users, including design, coding, and evaluation/testing (Prefer Java, Kotlin, Scala. Open to Golang, C++, Rust)
- Strong educational background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical fields
- Experience of developing machine learning algorithm and data engineering (data pipeline, data platform, etc)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience developing ranking/recommendation/search related systems
- Failure analysis and performance tuning in JVM operation
- Familiarity with tech stack such as AWS, Spring-Boot, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Flink, Github, MySQL, Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, and/or TensorFlow
- Experience in internet, web, ads, and/or technology industries
- Passion and interest towards solving world problems such as digital divide, filter bubbles, echo chambers, group polarization, etc.
- Business Japanese