We are looking for mobile developers who can continue developing state-of-the-art iOS mobile applications that are smart, engaging, and user-friendly to our users while contributing to our aggressive business growth.
- Lead the design, execution, and performance optimization of an iOS application used by tens of millions of users
- Closely collaborate with global cross-functional teams (product managers, designers, data scientists, backend engineers, etc.) to build new mobile product features
- Optimize mobile platform with the latest iOS and Swift technology to improve user experience and mobile engineering productivity
- Analyze and optimize UI and backend application code for efficiency and performance
- Rapid prototype development to visualize impactful product for the user and the business
- Proactive, innovative, creative technical problem solving with a focus on metrics
Technology we use
- Coding: Swift, Objective-C
- Libraries: Firebase, GRMustache, KeychainAccess, Lottie, SwiftFormat, SwiftGen, SwiftLint, Nimble, Quick
- Tools: GitHub, Slack, CirecleCI
- Issue Management: JIRA
- Document Management: Notion
As an iOS Engineer, you’ll be joining one of these teams:
Ads Mobile Contribute to business growth by developing advertisement features for the Japanese and the US market with reliable and efficient code.
Community Support the development of features for US edition consumers, building many prototypes that will help give the users an engaging and a new experience while using SmartNews app.
News Mobile Deliver great and relevant news to our users. Working on the content delivery and content ranking in the news feed which is the core of SmartNews mission.
- 3+ years of experience with iOS application development
- Experience with coding in both Swift and Objective-C
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design, and unit testing techniques
- Experience with multithreading programming and mobile memory management
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience developing iOS applications from start to finish
- Experience with other programming languages
- Experience with mobile CI/CD, ideally on a customized cloud setup
- Experience with iOS performance tools
- Experience with applying unified architectures in a large-scale mobile project
- Familiar with design patterns and architecture design (e.g UML)
- Experience working with cross functional teams