Zeals is developing Chat Commerce to utilize chatbot technology in marketing, and Customer Service DX to integrate chatbots with a series of online customer service tools such as for consultation and booking. We’ve recently raised ¥1.8B in funding from Z Venture Capital Co., Ltd., Dentsu Group Inc. and Hakuhodo DY Holdings.
Chat Commerce is a service with which end users can purchase merchandise while having conversations with our chatbot. Zeals now serves approximately 400 companies and has served over 4.3 million end users so far with analysis of data from 450 million conversations (as of March 2021).
International engineering team
We currently have 45 engineers, many of which are international, coming from 18 different countries including the US, China, Bangladesh, India, Taiwan, the UK, and France. Because of this, we use English to communicate, and don’t require any Japanese ability for our engineering positions.
We welcome engineers to apply regardless of location. For those not already based in Japan, we offer the choice of relocating here or continuing to work from another country (country dependent). For those who engineers who relocate to Japan, Zeals will provide the support to settle in Japan.
- Working days: Mon - Fri
- Working hours/place: Flextime (Our business time 10:00am-19:00 JST), Fully-remote
- Day-off and holiday: Sat, Sun + Japanese national holiday + paid vacation + summer/new year vacation
Our response to COVID-19
We’ve moved to working fully remotely. While our official policy still will require people to return to the office after the COVID situation subsides, we anticipate to continue to work fully remotely because we are building a flexible team in terms of working time and location.
About the position
- Extracting domain logic from existing applications, design and re-implement it in golang
- Handling CI/CD for microservices for development and deployment
- Able to design and implement application that can handle large scale of event-driven system
- Continuously Improving performance of existing microservices
- Participate in code review, having strong sense of software/code quality and maintainability
- Able to understand business requirements, design and implement MVP that achieve the requirements
- Profession in development flow based on git
- More than 1 year of go application development.
- Able to implement a simple HTTP server by golang without using any non-builtin libraries.
- Strong understanding on concurrency programming powered by gorouties
- Able to design and implement application that easy to change, developing modules using interfaces
- Strong sense on unit tests, able to write table driven tests using the standard library
- Able to conduct continuous testing using tools like CircleCI and Github Actions
- Strong understanding on RDB, able to write queries or ORM in the application to query data in high performance
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Able to use library like Ginkgo to write structured unit tests
- Strong understanding on docker and able to polish compact application with container
- Experienced with microservices design and gRPC protocol
- Experienced with In-memory database like Redis
- Experienced with NoSQL database like MongoDB or Cassandra
- Understanding or experience with cloud environment like GCP, AWS or Azure
- Able to design architecture and application able to tolerate with small unavailability in other part of the system
- Strong sense of idempotence, able to design applications that work well with idempotence.
- Experienced with design of product that provide audio or video players
- Experienced with user targeting, segmentation features
- Design experience on large scale of user action data pipeline and analysis
- Experienced with developing payment or ordering system
Annual salary: 5M - 9M JPY(Gross) + another package
It will be decided considering your experience, skills and market price of the place you live.
- Bonus: twice/year
- Salary review: twice/year
- probation: 3 months