Mercari is a marketplace app that makes it easy for people to safely sell and ship their things. Having been downloaded over 100 million times, it is now among the largest peer-to-peer selling platforms globally.
Though we have over 1,800 employees, we still have a startup culture, where we encourage people to come up with big, crazy ideas, and to not be afraid of failure. Because the company is rapidly growing, you can set your own path, and there is enough transparency to allow our members to do so. For instance, at our all-hands meetings, every single member is encouraged to ask questions directly to our executive team.
We're a Japanese company, but are building a global work culture, and so we provide a great opportunity to experience a blend of Japanese and international culture. We relocate developers from around the world to join our team, and provide translation and interpretation to smooth communication between members.
We want our employees to be able to give 100% both inside and outside of the office, and our benefits reflect this. These include providing language education, financial support for childcare, and allowing you to pursue paid side gigs outside of working with us.
About the position
A program manager in Mercari must have strong leadership skill and vast knowledge regarding cross teams, company wide program management along with ability to launch "Go Bold" feature successfully with product managers and engineers.
We are searching for someone who is confident in their ability to establish the very best product teams and processes in a diverse and dynamic environment. Come and help us change the world!
- Drive cross team development program in Mercari, and capture status and share them to stakeholders
- Capture features developments in Mercari, and visualize them, manage priority and resource
- Create processes, initiatives and execute them to improve productivity, quality of services with engineering team
- Drive agile implementation in feature development by cross teams
- 7 years+ experience to program management and project management
- Leadership skill and communication skill to drive people
- Understand agile development method, and SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Understand product management and Engineering
- Enough language skill in Japanese and English including verbal communication