CADDi makes enterprise software for the manufacturing industry.
We aim to drive digitalization in the manufacturing industry, where many areas still suffer from a lack of clear standards. Establishing the industry standard is the key to streamlining and improving day-to-day operations and processes. This will require robust and flexible software development through data models that can adapt to changes in the industry.
Our software truly reflects each user’s on the ground operations. Understanding their operating process and its components, then selecting suitable data design and structure will help redefine and optimize their tasks.
For more details on CADDi’s business, please see our official site’s page on our globalization effort.
We work in small teams using Scrum
Our development teams typically have four or five members, and are supported by a Tech Lead and Engineering Manager. The development cycles are based on Scrum, and we use JIRA to track tasks.
Choice of fully remote or visiting the office
We allow employees to work fully remotely. Though our head office is in Tokyo, you can live anywhere in Japan.
An increasingly international team
There are over fifty members in our rapidly growing engineering team, and about four of them come from international backgrounds. We have plans to accelerate our overseas expansion starting this year, and the number of international members will increase rapidly. Though our main language is Japanese, we don’t require any Japanese ability, as some of our members speak English, including the CTO who is a native English speaker.
We support relocation from overseas
If you aren’t in Japan yet, we welcome you to apply. We’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. While waiting to be relocated, you’ll work remotely. Because we do a fair amount of synchronous work, we’ll have you work Japanese business hours (an eight hour work day plus one hour lunch, sometime between 9:00 and 20:00 JST).
Our response to COVID-19
We’ve transitioned to remote work to ensure employees safety during COVID, and we’ll continue this even after it subsides. While we’re open to considering engineers looking to relocate to Japan, travel restrictions have made it difficult to give a clear timeframe for relocation. Should we extend you an offer, we’ll apply for a certificate of eligibility for you, that will make obtaining a visa trivial once the borders open, and we’re open to making special accommodations, such as starting you on a remote contract.
About the position
On the frontend, we use TypeScript, and frameworks and libraries such as React, Apollo, Next.js, styled-components, WebGL, WebAssembly
In this role, you’ll
- Design and implementation of web frontend systems for systems used by CADDi’s operation team, clients and their suppliers
- Formulate and implement UI/UX improvement plans based on feedback from our business team
- UI/UX improvements based on various qualitative and quantitative research (user surveys, log analysis, inquiry analysis, etc.)
- Selection and verification of middleware, frameworks and other technologies
The applications you might be working on include
- Manufacturing cost estimation system
- Manufacturing supply chain management system
- Technical drawing management system
- Products for manufacturing partner collaboration
- And other new products in the future!
- An understanding our mission to unleash the potential of manufacturing
- 3+ years of development experience using modern frontend frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular
- 3+ years of experience programming with TypeScript
- Ability to conduct hearings and test hypotheses to build powerful user experiences
- Experience developing in a team using Git/GitHub
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Hands-on experience building a service from scratch
- Experience in user experience design
- Experience styling with CSS-in-JS frameworks such as styled-component and emotion
- Experience with backend development using Node.js or Deno
- Experience with GraphQL and relevant libraries such as Apollo and urql
- Experience investigating web page rendering performance
- Development experience with SSR, CSR, SSG frameworks
- Development experience using WebAssembly
5 - 12 million JPY annually.