We are seeking a senior infrastructure/dev ops engineer to work with the Launchpad product team and intrapreneurs to build and grow digital products from scratch, while setting a strong foundation for Launchpad’s technical organization.
Our ideal engineer will have well-informed technical perspectives, backed in evidence, experience and exceptional work products. They will actively seek ownership and accountability and will thrive in high-velocity environments. In return, Fujitsu Launchpad will provide the opportunity to build innovative products meeting real user needs, make foundational technical decisions, and contribute to structuring and leading a high performing engineering team.
- Set up and manage the horizontal foundational level of the corporate infrastructure.
- Prepare environment for individual products to be managed independently and flexibly.
- Enforce all required security practices in the cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering teams and business stakeholders to define, prioritize and implement infrastructure roadmaps.
- Identify opportunities and lead efforts to continuously improve Launchpad’s engineering practices, with the objective of furthering impact delivered to customers through high quality products.
- Onboard and mentor new team members as Launchpad’s team grows (both Launchpad’s core engineering team, and portfolio company teams built for venture spin outs).
- 7+ years of experience in managing cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google, Aliyun, etc).
- Experience working in a product-focused startup or scale-up. Please note that candidates who have worked primarily in IT consultancies, software development agencies, and/or large corporations won’t be a good fit for us.
- Ability to set up and use IaC with Terraform to manage infrastructure in AWS (Atlantis is required).
- Deep knowledge of network infrastructure and how it is implemented in clouds (VPCs, Gateways, Policies, etc).
- Fluent use of CI/CD management systems Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, ArgoCD for declarative deployment.
- Experience with monitoring (e.g., Prometheus, Loki, Newrelic, PagerDuty).
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities, proactive cross-functional communication skills, and the ability to learn quickly and continuously upskill in unfamiliar areas.
- Knowledge of security approaches and practices that should be used in day-to-day work.
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience with a few programming languages.
- A degree in computer science or a related discipline.
- Japanese language skills.