We are looking for a backend engineer to help us expand track, a product suite that helps companies evaluate, train and hire engineers.
Here’s a list of technical challenges we hope you’ll help us with:
- Reliably compile and evaluate thousands of concurrent coding exams
- Build machine learning systems to detect fraudulent code submissions
- Enable customers around the world to evaluate, build and train their development teams
- Help migrate monolithic backends to scalable and highly reliable microservices
- Design, develop, maintain and test new and existing backend features for Givery’s platform in Scala.
- Collaborate with a distributed engineering team to help maintain a high quality code base.
- Help evaluate and clarify product requirements and provide technical solutions that meet customers’ needs.
- Monitoring and quick response to production bugs or failures to ensure stable operation of services. (** We pride ourselves in releasing high quality bug free code. Production incidents are extremely rare and the large majority are handled during core work hours.)
- 3+ years of professional experience driving the backend work of a commercial product using a JVM based language (Scala, Kotlin, Java) or a relevant modern programming language.
- Experience building REST APIs running over distributed infrastructure
- Interest in and practical application of basic functional programming concepts
- Familiarity with non blocking, asynchronous programming techniques (e.g. Futures, Akka/Actors, Typelevel/IO)
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Understanding and experience writing and maintaining automated test suites (Integration tests, Unit tests, Property based tests…)
- Experience working with cloud service providers (AWS / GCP / Azure)
Nice to haves
While not specifically required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Japanese language abilities
7 to 9 million JPY annually.