We are looking for a backend engineer to help us expand track, a product suite that helps companies evaluate, train and hire engineers.
- Develop APIs and services in Scala with frameworks such as Play and Akka
- Properly test and prepare new releases by writing automated tests, doing code reviews and helping introduce new processes that helps maintain a high quality code base.
- Help evaluate and clarify product requirements and provide technical solutions that meet customers’ needs.
- Monitoring and quick response to failures to ensure stable operation of services.
- 3+ years of professional experience driving the backend work of a commercial product using Scala, Java or a modern functional programming language
- Experience building REST APIs running over distributed infrastructure
- Strong interest and knowledge of functional programming concepts and familiar with non blocking, asynchronous programming (ex: Actors, Futures, etc)
- Expert level knowledge and experience with RDBMS/ORDBMS such as PostgreSQL/MySQL
- Understanding and experience in CI and writing unit tests
- Experience with AWS and Docker
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Language skills in Japanese is a big plus, but not a requirement
7.0 to 10.5 million JPY annually.