As a senior software engineer, you will be responsible for the architecture and infrastructure of the back-end services supporting one of the most visually rich products at Indeed. This includes ensuring scalability, reliability, and performance for these services. There would also be secondary responsibilities around development operations (DevOps), site reliability (SRE), and database operations (DBRE).
You’re someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions. You are someone who finds passion in the craft, someone constantly seeking improvement and a better way to solve tough problems. You have a passion for producing the highest quality code as well as leading others to do the same.
- Significant prior success as a Software Engineer working on challenging problems of scale
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results
- Strong knowledge of databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with service-oriented and event-driven system architectures
- Experience building high-performance distributed systems
- Familiarity with Mesos, Kubernetes, and service mesh architecture
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range: 14,000,000 - 18,000,000 JPY per year