At Lunaris, we’re focused on offering custom Shopify solutions to e-commerce businesses – we started out with an otaku-centric online shop (that’s now over a decade old!) so e-commerce is near and dear to our hearts. And if you have a passion for anime, gaming, or Japanese pop culture in general, you’ll definitely find a like-minded team in us!
Our passion extends beyond our hobbies, however – we’re a team of self-starters who are driven by results and thrive on new challenges. This also means that we don’t have time for corporate hierarchy or politics, since what you contribute matters the most. If that sounds good to you – then, we hope you’ll join!
Wear whatever you’d like!
We want you to be as comfortable working at the office as you would be working from your living room.
Create a remote-work schedule
Want to sometimes skip the stuffy commute and tackle those deadlines from the comfort of your home office? Just ask, and you can create a remote-work schedule once you feel comfortable working more autonomously
Enjoy the Kichijoji area
On the days you do come to the office, you can enjoy the numerous shops and restaurants in the popular Kichijoji area. Our office is only a 5-minute walk from the station!
Relax in our lounge
After a long day, you can join some of our team members in kicking back and relaxing in our office’s lounge area. Chill out on our big (and very comfy) couch, throw back some beers and snacks, and play some games!
Complimentary weekly massage
Even when faced with a particularly pick-and-shovel project, your stress will practically melt away with a complimentary weekly massage!
No overtime and flexible schedule
Your work-life balance is just as important to us as it is to you – that’s why you never have to stay late for overtime and can set your own schedule with our flex hours.
Our Response to COVID-19
While we can offer remote work down-the-line, the initial training and trial phase will be at our office in Kichijoji, Tokyo. Most of our vaccinated team members come to the office, but we do have some who work entirely remotely.
About the position
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that manages the full development life cycle, from conception to deployment, of several e-commerce-related products. Our team has grown quickly, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where you’ll be focused on building and maintaining features in Elixir.
- Turning product goals and feature requests into working software
- Developing server applications using technologies like Elixir and PostgreSQL
- Properly testing and preparing new releases by writing automated tests, doing code reviews, and helping introduce new processes that helps maintain a high-quality code base
- Helping evaluate and clarify product requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Maintenance and improvements for the existing products
- Contributing to core team processes and to company-wide efforts
- Supporting and debugging web applications, as needed
- At least 3 years of experience as a back-end developer (most back-end work will involve Elixir).
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as React or Vue
- Software testing and test-driven development experience
- Relational database design and SQL experience
- Designing and implementing RESTful APIs/GraphQL
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Cloud technologies like AWS
- CI, CD technique, and tools
- Setting up Linux servers
- Container, orchestration tooling such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Writing and profiling/analyzing SQL queries
Who’s This For
Our team consists of so many unique and talented individuals, but our team and workstyle may not always be the best match for everyone. So how do you know if you might be a good fit for our team?
✅ You flourish in flat organizational structures, where employees have more freedom to make or influence decisions.
🆇 You prefer rigid structures and hierarchy, like middle-management and set schedules.
✅ You feel more engaged with a smaller team since your work has a much more visible impact (which can be a good or bad thing).
🆇 You’re more comfortable with larger companies, where you are surrounded by a large number of co-workers and managers.
✅ You’re a self-sufficient and self-motivated thinker and doer. You have the initiative to not just think up ideas, but actually pull them off.
🆇 It’s hard for you to decide and complete tasks without support or direction from higher management or fellow team members.
✅ You should be passionate about your work and always looking to learn and grow.
🆇 You generally use baselines/guidelines as the driving force for your work.
✅ You can handle criticism and appreciate honesty and transparency, even when it involves your own work.
🆇 It’s tough for you to not take criticisms personally and lose motivation.
4 - 10 million JPY annually.