PlusOne, Inc. combines AI and Mixed Reality to build “HoloSapiens” – intelligent and interactive human holograms. We believe this technology is vital to support how people communicate, learn, and adapt in our rapidly changing world. Today we are focused on the language education vertical to make learning English as a second-language (ESL) more fun, intuitive, and effective.
We’re a richly diverse organization operating in a multicultural, global environment as one seamless entity. We aim to attract, motivate, train and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers.
Remote with in-person get-togethers
We work fully remote in principle, but once every few weeks we have company activities (e.g. group lunch/dinner), which you will be most welcome to join.
About the position
PlusOne, Inc. is seeking a senior full stack web developer to join our agile development team, mainly based in Japan. The candidate will work with a small team to take our immersive education product to the next level and help our users break the communication barrier by learning English more efficiently.
- Understand product goals and feature requests and translate them into working software
- Take leadership to migrate some parts of our system to a new tech stack if necessary
- Continually improve code quality, performance and reliability in the product
- Participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and troubleshoot to ensure uptime for live system
- Experience building RESTful Services/APIs using Ruby on Rails or NodeJS
- Experience building front-end web applications using React.js
- Experience with data modeling and working with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with team development using Git
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience deploying and maintaining cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience working in microservices architecture
- Interests in AI/Machine Learning
5 - 10 million JPY annually.