We will have two or three full-time junior developers soon but the overall structure of the company is not well established yet. So we expect you to play a developer role different from ones in sophisticated companies. Here is a list of what you’ll do
- Development of R&D data management SaaS for materials science (mainly frontend)
- Project management
- Code review
- Technical lead of Randeft’s developer team
- Guidance and training of full-time junior developers
- Collaboration with other part-time colleagues
- Occasional customer interview accompanied by our domain experts
- Candidate selection and job interview for developer positions
- Building Randeft’s Dev Team culture
Don’t know anything about materials science? We take care of it! We have a set of onboarding documents written by materials scientists so that new members can quickly learn what materials science is and how materials scientists do their jobs.
Let us know if you are not confident enough to meet these requirements. We are fully open to talk with any web developers who are interested in our product.
- 5 years+ experience of web service development
- Experience of system architect and building cloud infrastructure
- Experience in product development as a team leader (preferably in remote)
- Honesty to tell negative facts that need to be shared
- Generosity not to blame anyone about shared negative facts
- If not based in Japan, able to work during our core hours of 11AM to 3PM JST
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Node.js experience
- GraphQL (specifically Hasura) experience
- BtoB web application development experience
- Management experience
- Web application design experience
- Fullstack development through side projects or part-time jobs
- Knowledge of materials science (especially experimental part)
- Conversational level Japanese (or strong interests in our product/customers’ challenge to overcome the expected language barrier)
7 to 9 million JPY annually, plus stock options.