About Rapyuta Robotics
Rapyuta Robotics aims at building low cost, lightweight autonomous mobile robots with high-level intelligence distributed in the cloud, enabling such robots to offload some of their heavy computation and seamlessly learn and share experiences with one another.
Live your best life - at work and outside
We strive to create an environment that is open - inclusive and transparent and safe - for taking risks and being you! We work hard and relatively a bit long to make a dent in the universe, but we make sure we have time for our families, friends, and lives outside the office. With a diverse set of professionals ranging from mechanical engineering to machine learning, culture from more than 15 countries, and robots from AMRs to Arms, there is always something to learn and to be amazed!
We welcome overseas candidates
If you aren’t based in Japan yet, we’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. In addition to covering part of your airfare, we provide a fixed relocation fee of ¥100,000 for a single employee, and ¥200,000 for those with family.
Our response to COVID-19
Based on the work nature of our work with robotic software, it’s mandatory for most of the engineers to be on-site. While we’re still coming into the office, we’re aligning with whatever the government is requesting, such as requesting employees to wear masks and undergo temperature checks.
For candidates overseas, we’ll support your visa, but you’ll need to wait until travel restrictions are loosened to be onboarded.
About the position
Our Tokyo Engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our customers - from a handful of robots to hundreds of robots; from a small team to multiple squads. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. The team’s mission is to pioneer scalable, collaborative, and flexible robotics solutions.
We are looking for a Product Quality Owner to join our growing company for designing and developing autonomous mobile robots systems and warehouse solutions.
As a Product Quality Owner you will be responsible for a specific product category quality conformance from conception / development and throughout the product life cycle. This includes product evaluation & validation testing plus ensuring that products successfully meet and maintain the necessary standards. The position will connect the testing team to development and business teams. You will understand the business requirements and generate and define test scenarios to provide to the testing team to be executed.
- Requirement Analysis
- Understands business requirements and generates test scenarios
- Tracks test coverage
- Makes prioritization decisions
- Bug Management
- Contributes to Root Cause Analysis
- Cover bug sources with test scenarios
- Working closely with multiple teams
- Works in alignment with development leader and business teams on quality targets for the project
- Participates in system level design reviews.
- Be involved in the early design of new features to ensure quality is built in from the start
- Functional & Non-functional Testing practices
- Conduct non-functional tests like safety, reliability, performance along with functional testing
- Generates all product quality test documentation
- Quality Coaching
- Drives quality culture and mindset within the project
- Continuously looks opportunity to improve the quality
- Be a champion for testability, TDD, mocking and quality engineering practices within your team
- Creates and maintains product risk assessments
- Drives release over release and time-based improvements and drive needed improvements in product and process
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering (Robotics, Electronics, Computer Science or similar)
- More than 5 years of relevant experience in testing in complex systems (i.e the robotics domain and warehouse autonomous solutions)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with requirement management tools or platforms
- Able to demonstrate basic fault finding and root cause analysis skills
- Japanese verbal and written communication skills
- ISTQB and CMMI certificates
- Experience with startup environment
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery