Our Ads Infra teams support the foundation of the ads platform of SmartNews that is powering thousands of advertisers. Together with your team, you will be building and evolving infrastructure of SmartNews Ads platform to scale to 100x advertisers across the world.
- Own ad infrastructure that serves one of the fastest-growing ad platform in Japan
- Own ad system which includes ad serving system, ad indexing/retrieval system, real-time data streaming/processing systems, and batch processing systems
- Make strong partnership with product teams and global ads engineering teams distributed in Shanghai/Tokyo/Bay Area
- Re-architect and build next-gen ad infrastructures that can serve 100x advertisers in multiple region
- 3+ years of experience in architecting, developing, and shipping software products with large scale
- 3+ years of experience in building infrastructure/platform with large scale
- Able to distill complex problems and drive toward creative solutions
- Deep end-to-end understanding of sophisticated distributed systems and can proactively detect problems and make improvement suggestions
- Able to build a strong team through hiring, as well as mentoring/growing engineers by constantly challenging them with solid support
- Experience in leading cross team/cross org projects/initiatives
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- MS or BS in computer science, mathematics, physics or other quantitative fields
- Experience with cloud-based architecture (e.g. Amazon Web Services)
- Strong interest in news media and our mission
- Direct experience in ads platform or system that involves recommendations.