About Spider Labs
Spider AF is an ad fraud countermeasure tool. We support ad networks, advertisers, and agencies. We have many happy customers across the digital advertising industry.
Flexible and relaxed work environment
We do not believe in micro management. We highly value independent productivity, so you can do your work however you see as fit! As a team, we will think about the process and framework of achieving our goals together, and the independent tasks you are assigned can be completed however you choose to work on them. Our corporate culture ultimately is about doing what we need to do, and going home early. Working long hours is not a virtue here, we focus on quality over quantity.
The average age of our employees is the early 30’s. Since everyone’s age is close, everyone can talk to each other earnestly and freely. We have no dress code, so clothing, hairstyles, nails, and makeup are completely up to you!
Our diverse office is made up of many different nationalities. We don’t require any Japanese abilities, and welcome overseas candidates looking to relocate to Japan.
Our CEO has 2 kids of her own, along with many other company members having young families. There is a deep understanding for raising children as well as quality time with family. We have paid parental leave, and many events where children are more than welcome to participate.
Our response to COVID-19
During the state of emergency, we come to the office in shifts, so the sales team might come one day, and the customer support another.
We also generally allow employees to work remotely up to four days per week. The exception is employees who are living within walking distance of the office and whose rent we’ve subidized. We expect them to come to the office four days per week.
About the position
As a DevOps Engineer, you will own production infrastructure, including operations and monitoring, and the several CI/CD pipelines using to deploy our application stack. You will also debug and resolve production issues with a clear root cause analysis, mentor other engineers, helping them develop their skills, and help design new services with regard to requirements such as latency, availability, reliability and scalability.
- More than 5 years of experience in devops
- More than 3 years of experience working either with AWS or GCP
- A solid foundation with Linux
- Experience managing and monitoring web-related infrastructure, applications running on Kubernetes
- Experience working in a product startup, collaborating directly with software developers
- On-call experience, emergency response and incident management experience
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following our company values, culture and ways of working
- Experience writing web application software
Nice to have
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- Experience with the Erlang VM (BEAM)
- Experience with big data processing infrastructure