The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise and strong experience collaborating in a team-oriented environment. Together with the team, you will develop, enhance, and advance the technology that powers the Treasure Data hosted analytics platform.
We will look to you to have a proven track record of success and a passion for developing APIs that are a central part of a product, integrating with internal and 3rd party systems. You should have knowledge of Ruby on Rails and its ecosystem and the ability to create a clean and reliable API design.
At Treasure Data, your work will contribute to the continued evolution of product functionalities that are servicing large amounts of data and traffic (85 billion records imported per day and counting - roughly more than 1 million per second). Our Rails based API fulfills several responsibilities: authorization, authentication, dispatching of ETL jobs, metadata management for our Hadoop / Hive and Presto query engines and serves as public API for our user’s own workflow. It is the single interface to our vast backend offering control of our machine learning engine and powering the Customer Data Platform (CDP) application, alongside a slew of other features and functionalities. The mission of the API team is developing and maintaining the efficiency, stability, agility and robustness of our public and internal API interfaces.
Things you will do
- Drive technical design, specifications, and implementation for our product from an APIs standpoint.
- Collaborate with other teams ensuring compatibility between systems.
- Ensure scalability, performance, and operationalization are always primary concerns during development.
- Understand the software development lifecycle and produce relevant metrics.
- Keep up to date on novel technical concepts that we should adopt (and which ones we should ignore).
- Along with the rest of the team own and operate the services that you built.
- Experience building, expanding & improving and maintaining the backend Ruby on Rails APIs.
- Extensive experience writing Web APIs.
- Designing and building for reliability and operations.
- Experience with SQL and working with and maintaining Relational Databases in a production environment.
- Knowledge of design patterns involving APIs that communicate with many backend components.
- An understanding of the importance of testing above all when it comes to production-quality code.
- Strong sense of project ownership and responsibility.
- Familiar with cloud technologies (AWS) and development/deployment in a cloud infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills with a remote team across time zones.
- Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Previous experience working on a large web application.
- The ability to work fullstack (from the DB all the way to the Frontend).
- Contributions to a production-grade web application handling high traffic.
- Experience in developing a fully managed cloud service.
- Experience with NoSQL and/or Key-Value data stores.
- Experience with microservices oriented architectures and authentication/authorization challenges.
- Open source contributions.
- Experience with agile development.
- A GitHub link to one of your projects or profile along with your resumè.
- Very competitive compensation package
- Provision of RSU
- 20+ days of paid leave