About Treasure Data
Treasure Data is the only enterprise Customer Data Platform (CDP) that harmonizes an organization’s data, insights, and engagement technology stacks to drive relevant, real-time customer experiences throughout the entire customer journey. Treasure Data helps brands give millions of customers and prospects the feeling that each is the one and only. With its ability to create true, unified views of each individual, Treasure Data CDP is central for enterprises who want to know who is ready to buy, plus when and how to drive them to convert. Flexible, tech-agnostic and infinitely scalable, Treasure Data provides fast time to value even in the most complex environments.
International from the beginning
Treasure Data was founded by Hiro Yoshikawa, Kazuki Ohta, and Sadayuki Furuhashi, three highly technical Japanese entrepreneurs. With international ambitions from the beginning, they founded the company in the Bay Area.
The company is globally distributed, with a mix of Japanese and international members. English is the official language of the company, and Japanese is only used when it is easier for people to discuss something in it. People who are currently overseas but looking to move to Japan are welcome to join.
Open Source is in our DNA
We believe in the open source community and invests in moving open source projects forward.
Over the last 15 years, we have invented an open data protocol adopted by Apple, Uber and thousands of other companies, created one of the world’s largest Hadoop user communities, and brought Linux to the Fortune 100.
We know first-hand that open source makes software more accessible, developers more connected, and the world a little smaller. We strive to give back to the community and welcome your contributions to our projects.
Treasure Data moved to remote-based work in March 2020 and is committed to ensuring it remains agile to accommodate shifting preferences of its workforce. While we are not working shoulder-to-shoulder, we still work side-by-side, finding unique ways to connect and create together while also respecting each other’s life priorities outside of work.
- Humility - Greatness is achieved by overcoming obstacles. Mistakes are opportunities to improve. Knowing this, we welcome feedback from customers and colleagues while constantly striving to learn and grow
- Openness - We embrace transparency wherever practical and reasonable. All communication must be transparent by default. We work to maximize information flow within the company and praise all those who do the same
- Honesty - It’s easy to be honest about things you feel good about—much harder with the things you don’t. We encourage directness and sincerity in all scenarios. Admitting failure is the first step toward learning and growth. Honesty builds trust and nurtures efficient teamwork
- Reliability - Our customers rely on our service and build their companies upon it. Likewise, we rely upon each other to build our own business. We know this, and take responsibility to be reliable for our customers and each other
About the position
Success in this role requires working directly and specifically in your area, but also regularly contributing to common code, standards, and practices. You and your team will be directly responsible for solutions for the platform in these key areas: CI/CD, Availability, and Observability.
This will require working with engineering teams on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors and wise trade-offs between competing factors when arriving at a solution. Success in this role requires a passion for helping others and making their lives better, you do this by simplifying complex systems to make them understandable and operable. You are able to effectively communicate decisions, ideas, designs, and operation of systems and services.
Things you will do
- Work with engineering teams as a subject matter expert on systems at scale, teaching them and helping them reach their goals.
- Drive continuous improvement in CI/CD pipeline by measuring and reducing the amount of manual operational work, currently: CircleCI, AWS CodeDeploy, and in-house orchestration tool written in Python.
- Define success criteria for PoC, drive prototype implementation, measure the success, and push it forward toward common practice.
- Help us measure and improve reliability across engineering teams.
- Be an active participant and internal evangelist for our shared processes.
- Investigate system performance, errors, and problems.
- A minimum of 5+ years working experience in Software Engineering or Systems Engineering role with Distributed Systems at scale.
- Have experience operating services running in the cloud on AWS, or other public clouds or virtualized API-driven platforms.
- Have experience with distributed systems and operating them as they scale, including understanding their common failure modes.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Have experience working as part of a distributed team and thrive in a highly collaborative and communicative work environment.
- Articulate with strong spoken and written English abilities by adopting language to the audience.
- Pride yourself on giving back to your community: open source contributions, speaking, teaching, mentoring, or helping others.
- Very competitive compensation package
- Provision of RSU
- 20+ days of paid leave