Zenport is a startup building the open platform of global supply chain management (“SCM”), addressing the global market with USD 30 -50 Billion potentially. Opening this market, we aspire to be a Common Language for global SCM to simplify and democratize complex services and operations in the global market.
Our engineering team is international, currently having members from the US, Taiwan, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and Bangladesh. We don’t require any Japanese ability and welcome candidates who are not currently based in Japan but looking to relocate here.
Globalization, which has been developing for several thousand years, is now at the mature stage following rapid growth over the last three decades. However, it has faced a series of challenges and crises in recent years due to the COVID-19 pandemic and climate changes. The world needs the global economy and people working together if it is to thrive. Thus, Zenport will continue to serve as a Common Language for global SCM, keeping the world’s economies and people connected and contributing to the creation of a sustainable future.
Embrace differences to make a difference. Global SCM is a collective of collaborations of people with the full range of diversity, in locations, nationalities, functions, companies, etc. We embrace the differences, and work together to create innovation by moving beyond national and cultural borders to integrate differences in people, services, operations and technologies.
Our response to COVID-19
We’ve switched to working remotely, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
About the position
As a backend engineer, you’ll develop and maintain on Zenport platform by building scalable, reliable and maintainable micro-services, and by deploying, operating and monitoring those services. In this role, you’ll write quality code and learn new technology, communicating with team members to develop best product for our users.
- 3+ years working experience as backend engineer
- Working experience with Git and Docker
- 2+ years Golang experience
- Experience with multiple programming languages, with Golang and PHP especially welcome
- Good understanding of databases and networking
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- Microservices, Kubernetes
- GCP / AWS
- Unit testing
- Experience as a full-stack developer or cooperating closely with a frontend developer
- Have worked in a startup company
- Japanese skill
- Golang, PHP (Symfony framework), Scala
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ
- Kubernetes, Docker, Nginx
- Aspired to create the new industry, delivering the DX in the legacy industries
- Can enjoy the global environment to develop the product creatively
- Deliver the best solution, unlearning own experience and discussing with the team