Zenport is a startup building the open platform of global supply chain management (“SCM”), addressing the global market with USD 30 -50 Billion potentially. Opening this market, we aspire to be an Operating System of global SCM.
Our engineering team is international, currently having members from the US, Taiwan, the Philippines, and Japan. We don’t require any Japanese ability and welcome candidates who are not currently based in Japan but looking to relocate here.
Connect economies and people beyond borders. Globalization, which has been developing for several thousand years, is now at the mature stage following rapid growth over the last three decades. However, it has faced a series of challenges in recent years, such as the US–China trade war and the COVID-19 pandemic. Nonetheless, the world needs the global economy and people working together if it is to thrive. Thus, Zenport will continue to serve as a bridgehead, keeping the world’s economies and people connected and contributing to the creation of a prosperous future.
Build a global ecosystem for simple and agile SCM. Originally, globalization focused on the pursuit of cheap products from distant countries. However, now it has reached the mature stage, more flexibility is necessary to closely connect the operations of the entire supply chain, and this is becoming increasingly important in relation to sustainability. We are building a business ecosystem to enable agile and flexible SCM, connecting all stakeholders, services, and technologies.
Embrace differences to make a difference. We embrace “coexistence” and “integration”. The integration of differences is a means of creation/innovation, and thus we work together to create a better future by moving beyond national and cultural borders to integrate differences in people, services, and technologies.
Our response to COVID-19
We’ve switched to working remotely, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
About the position
As a backend engineer, you’ll develop and maintain on Zenport platform by building scalable, reliable and maintainable micro-services, and by deploying, operating and monitoring those services. In this role, you’ll write quality code and learn new technology, communicating with team members to develop best product for our users.
- 3+ years working experience as backend engineer
- Working experience with Git and Docker
- 2+ years Golang experience
- Experience with multiple programming languages, with Golang and PHP especially welcome
- Good understanding of databases and networking
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- Microservices, Kubernetes
- GCP / AWS
- Unit testing
- Experience as a full-stack developer or cooperating closely with a frontend developer
- Have worked in a startup company
- Japanese skill
- Golang, PHP (Symfony framework), Scala
- PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ
- Kubernetes, Docker, Nginx
- Aspired to create the new industry, delivering the DX in the legacy industries
- Can enjoy the global environment to develop the product creatively
- Deliver the best solution, unlearning own experience and discussing with the team