The technical support team now has four engineers, including one in the US timezone, and expects to have more along with the growth of the customer base. Currently, the CTO is taking a role of an engineering manager for the technical support team. We are opening this position because we have reached the point where a dedicated engineering manager should oversee this team.
- Empower the engineers and maximize the team’s productivity by setting goals, performing evaluations, and utilizing data to improve operational workflow.
- Identify and improve foundational issues and create a roadmap of improvement.
- Manage resources, onboard new members, and improve the hiring process for your team.
- Work with other teams and respond rapidly to varied initiatives.
- Build strong relationships and facilitate communication in your team.
- Support and motivate members in their career development through regular 1-on-1 sessions.
- Being able to work in Japan standard time (Working partially in JST can be discussed)
- Minimum 3 years of the engineering manager experience
- Strong understanding of software development
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Minimum a year of experience in the technical support or the experience in a customer-facing position
- Engineering manager experience in technical support, customer support, and customer success for dev tools
- Understanding of running SaaS
- Understanding of test automation
- Fluency in Japanese
¥9.6 to 16 million annually.
9.6 to 16 million JPY annually.