beBit’s flagship SaaS product is USERGRAM, which analyzes individual user behavior and is used to create business plans and marketing strategies.
Currently, more than 130 corporations use USERGRAM to analyze the behavior from a user base of over a billion people, and these numbers are rapidly growing.
Because of USERGRAM’s growth, the complexity surrounding scaling it is a constant challenge. The backend processing of all the user behavior data, consisting of hundreds of millions of user sessions annually, imposes a significant challenge with respect to the design of its data structures, architecture, and domain logic.
Half of our engineering department is non-Japanese, and if you’re currently overseas but looking to relocate to Japan we welcome you to join us.
We only require basic Japanese skills (equivalent to JLPT N5) to begin with. We’ll provide you with Japanese lessons, and as your Japanese abilities improve, you’ll use a mix of English and Japanese to communicate internally.
Our response to COVID-19
We’ve moved to working fully remotely during this crisis. After the state of emergency declaration is lifted, though we’ll no longer be fully remote, we plan to continue working remotely to some degree.
While we’re continuing to recruit people already living in Japan, we’ve stopped recruiting the people who are living overseas until the situation settles down.
About the position
Machine Learning engineers build basic statistical and machine learning models, and create mechanisms to implement these models into large data sets.
In this position, you’ll:
- Research and build analysis methods applicable to data collected by USERGRAM
- Preprocess large data sources
- Perform basic analysis to understand trends and features of data and its visualization
- Choose the right data sets and data representation for analysis
- Perform feature engineering according to the purpose of data analysis and data set
- Build data aggregation mechanisms and machine learning models
- Function proposal of application related to data analysis and machine learning
- Implement the built-in data aggregation mechanism and machine learning model in the product
- Model evaluation of data analysis and tuning to improve accuracy
- Train and retrain the data analysis models (if needed)
- Extend our Machine Learning library and framework
- Stay up to date with the latest information on data science and AI
You should have:
- Experience as a machine learning engineer or a similar role
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience with large-scale distributed processing using Hadoop and Spark
- Data aggregation experience using Athena or BigQuery and database design experie nce for tables and partitions
- ETL development experience such as AWS Glue and CLOUD DATAFLOW
- Experience with container orchestration systems using Kubernetes
- Experience using NoSQL servers such as Cassandra and DynamoDB
- Data processing experience using distributed messaging systems such as Apache Kafka and Amazon Kinesis
We are looking for someone who:
- Has not only have technical skills, but can also relate to our vision for USERGRAM
- Discovers product issues themselves and proposes improvements
- Has an interest in the design of the whole service, including the working with other teams
- Communicates with team members and shares knowledge about services and technologies
- Eliminates technical debt and makes small improvements on a regular basis