CADDi makes enterprise software for the manufacturing industry.
We aim to drive digitalization in the manufacturing industry, where many areas still suffer from a lack of clear standards. Establishing the industry standard is the key to streamlining and improving day-to-day operations and processes. This will require robust and flexible software development through data models that can adapt to changes in the industry.
Our software truly reflects each user’s on the ground operations. Understanding their operating process and its components, then selecting suitable data design and structure will help redefine and optimize their tasks.
For more details on CADDi’s business, please see our official site’s page on our globalization effort.
We work in small teams using Scrum
Our development teams typically have four or five members, and are supported by a Tech Lead and Engineering Manager. The development cycles are based on Scrum, and we use JIRA to track tasks.
Choice of fully remote or visiting the office
We allow employees to work fully remotely. Though our head office is in Tokyo, you can live anywhere in Japan.
An increasingly international team
There are over fifty members in our rapidly growing engineering team, and about four of them come from international backgrounds. We have plans to accelerate our overseas expansion starting this year, and the number of international members will increase rapidly. Though our main language is Japanese, we don’t require any Japanese ability, as some of our members speak English, including the CTO who is a native English speaker.
We support relocation from overseas
If you aren’t in Japan yet, we welcome you to apply. We’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. While waiting to be relocated, you’ll work remotely. Because we do a fair amount of synchronous work, we’ll have you work Japanese business hours (an eight hour work day plus one hour lunch, sometime between 9:00 and 20:00 JST).
Our response to COVID-19
We’ve transitioned to remote work to ensure employees safety during COVID, and we’ll continue this even after it subsides. While we’re open to considering engineers looking to relocate to Japan, travel restrictions have made it difficult to give a clear timeframe for relocation. Should we extend you an offer, we’ll apply for a certificate of eligibility for you, that will make obtaining a visa trivial once the borders open, and we’re open to making special accommodations, such as starting you on a remote contract.
About the position
The platform engineering team’s mission is to foster innovation, and increase the agility of the engineering organization. From building the foundational infrastructure to developing middleware, you will be part of a fast-paced technical team that is focused on empowering other technical teams to deliver ever increasing value to customers and users.
- Development, maintenance, and operation of CADDi’s cloud infrastructure for systems used by the operations team, clients, and suppliers
- Development and operation of automation DevOps tools used to maintain a minimum level of quality throughout the organization
- Developing operations for monitoring and alerting to be used by the application teams
- Standardization of the technical stack and system architecture where appropriate
- SLI/SLO formulation and operation
- Selection and/or development of middleware for use across the organization
- An understanding of our mission to unleash the potential of manufacturing
- General working knowledge of Linux, networking, virtual machines, and container technologies
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, or other private cloud equivalents)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing backend applications (experience with statically typed languages is preferable)
- 3+ years of team-based development experience using version control systems (git, svn, hg, p4, etc)
- Experience working with SaaS tools to supplement in-house development (monitoring services, managed databases, etc)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with building out application infrastructure on GCP
- Experience with technical infrastructure and service stabilization for medium sized 50+ person engineering teams
- Experience with service mesh, service discovery, and multi-region distributed computing infrastructure
- Experience working with Datadog to monitor and track organizational goals and health indicators
- Experience working with Elasticsearch/OpenSearch
- Strong background in web application security and/or experience as a security engineer
5 - 12 million JPY annually.