Our Tokyo engineering team is looking for a devops engineer to help us continue to grow from Japan’s biggest online English school to a multinational learning platform.
We work as a relatively small team developing and maintaining DMM Eikaiwa and Engoo. We deploy daily and are looking for someone to join as an engineer focused on ops. Our team is managed by engineers, who value avoiding meetings and any other unnecessary distractions. This includes making sure everyone has the best tools available, and also means making sure that people have the flexibility to work in the way that suits them best, so they can focus on building.
We aim for infrastructure as code, constant updates, and powerful tools to allow our developers to build as fast as possible. We want the person who joins us to be great at operations and server management, but also a talented programmer who can contribute to all layers of our applications.
We use modern tools, like Kubernetes and nix, with a mix of AWS managed services and some hosted on other providers.
- Maintain and develop the infrastructure for DMM Eikaiwa, Engoo, and iKnow
- Provide tooling and support for developers
- Help plan features starting from the infrastructure level to the application level
- Respond to downtime alerts (on a rotation)
- Experience in a devops role
- Proficiency with Linux
- Proficiency with Kubernetes
- Proficiency with AWS
- Understanding of security
- Experience working on (web) application development
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with networking
- Experience with nix
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with WebRTC