As a System Engineer, you’ll join our team in crafting our efficient, stateless, and elegant gRPC/JSON web APIs, and build and maintain the infrastructure to host them together with our customers.
We believe that you prefer languages such as Go or Python, working with the latest communication protocols such as gRPC and http/2 and center your stack around open source technologies and Linux. Perhaps you like Docker and Kubernetes just as us?
You’ll take advantage of many of the latest trends in technology. Examples of technologies we’ve recently used include data stream processing at scale with Kafka, container orchestration with Kubernetes on GCP, graph based databases such as Dgraph, Mosquitto for IoT integrations and using Hyperledger Fabric for Blockchain storage. We also hope that you’re passionate about Golang, just as us.
- Grooming & planning user stories & features with PM, PO and the rest of the team
- Making architectural decisions together with the team
- Coding, lot’s of coding
- Planning and implementing testing strategies
- Helping out with recruiting, onboarding and training new members
- Pushing the team to achieve even more
- Conversational Japanese
- At least 2 years of experience related to the position
- Passion for learning and applying new programming languages such as Golang, Rust, Kotlin
- Experience in OOP, functional programming
- 1+ years of extending and maintaining live production environments
- 1+ years of experience in designing, implementing and maintaining web apis
- 1+ years utilizing PostgreSQL, MySQL or any other RDMS
- 1+ years utilizing Docker and Kubernetes
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Native proficiency in Japanese, or JLPT N1 or N2.
- Development methodologies such as TDD, SOLID or SCRUM
- NoSQL, caching or graph databases such as MongoDB, redis or dgraph
- Utilizing cloud technologies such as GCP or AWS for production purposes
- Designing and building serverless applications
- Utilizing new protocols such as HTTP/2, gRPC or QUIC
- Data streaming with Kafka
- Experience working in the freelance industry in Japan
- Experience experimenting with DLTs or cryptocurrencies