We’re looking for an experienced, forward thinking back-end engineer who is proficient with modern web API development to work on both the Cloud and Edge focused projects.
This opportunity would welcome you to our engineering team where you would work alongside our team of talented international and Japanese engineers. Day to day your responsibilities would include driving forward Cloud and Edge API development for our products and client projects; helping to support and extend our core platform; and to be self-driven in iterating and improving our existing code base and practices in conjunction with the team.
Outside of crafting modular, scalable code and solutions you’ll also have the opportunity to help review new concepts early in their planning cycle to allow you to make a positive impact through sharing your insights and ideas; discover and propose your own tasks to that bring value to the team; and grow your understanding and skills by assisting in areas of interest to you, both in and beyond back-end.
- Excited to take on real engineering challenges.
- 3+ years of server side engineering experience
- Proficiency in at least one major backend language (Python, NodeJS)
- Proficiency in a second is advantageous
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Serverless architecture experience (AWS)
- An understanding of the importance of Unit Testing.
- Working proficiency in English. Japanese strongly favourable
We accept only those who currently have a visa that allows them to work in Japan.
The following, though not required, would be highly advantageous for candidates:
- Experience with Typescript.
- Ability to architect complete solutions.
- Experience with IoT devices (such as Raspberry Pi)
- GraphQL experience.
- Working knowledge of Docker and docker-compose
- Experience with other Cloud service development (Azure, GCD).
- Contributions to or active participation in the OSS community.
- An annual salary of ¥5 to 7 million per year
- Standard social security insurance
- Commute Fee covered (Max: ¥30,000 per month)
- All national holidays observed
- Flexible remote work policy
- Additional remote work considerations made during Covid-19.
- Side work is allowed