About Future Standard
Future Standard are the developers of SCORER, an IoT platform that delivers easily accessible tools and services to enable cutting-edge AI driven video analysis solutions.
At the core of the SCORER platform we have SCORER Cloud, a powerful place to centralise management and analysis for a range of devices. To extend this, SCORER Edge allows us to offer not only an on-site solution that integrates with the Cloud using our LTE services but also allows for powerful stand-alone solutions where a connection is unavailable or increased security considerations are required.
This powerful suite of tools has enabled us to craft our own products and complete many projects alongside key partners, creating custom applications that include railway safety projects; automated analytics of physical retail spaces; and next generation digital signage. Some of our key partnerships have included SoftBank, Cisco, Microsoft, Dentsu.
If working with this kind of cutting edge technology appeals to you, we can’t wait to talk more about the opportunities we have available in the company.
Our response to COVID-19
Remote working during COVID-19 is encouraged though 1-2 days in-office are desired. Early stage interviews can be conducted via Zoom (However, a final interview is strongly preffered in-person.)
About the position
We’re looking for an experienced, forward thinking back-end engineer who is proficient with modern web API development to work on both on the Cloud and Edge focused projects.
This opportunity would welcome you to our engineering team where you would work alongside our team of talented international and Japanese engineers. Day to day your responsibilities would include driving forward Cloud and Edge API development for our products and client projects; helping to support and extend our core platform; and to be self-driven in iterating and improving our existing code base and practices in conjunction with the team.
Outside of crafting modular, scalable code and solutions you’ll also have the opportunity to help review new concepts early in their planning cycle to allow you to make a positive impact through sharing your insights and ideas; discover and propose your own tasks to that bring value to the team; and grow your understanding and skills by assisting in areas of interest to you, both in and beyond back-end.
- Excited to take on real engineering challenges.
- 3+ years of server side engineering experience
- Proficiency in at least one major backend language (Python, NodeJS)
- Proficiency in a second is advantageous
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Serverless architecture experience (AWS)
- An understanding of the importance of Unit Testing.
- Working proficiency in English. Japanese strongly favourable
The following, though not required, would be highly advantageous for candidates:
- Experience with Typescript.
- Ability to architect complete solutions.
- Experience with IoT devices (such as Raspberry Pi)
- GraphQL experience.
- Working knowledge of Docker and docker-compose
- Experience with other Cloud service development (Azure, GCD).
- Contributions to or active participation in the OSS community.
- An annual salary of ¥4 to 7 million per year
- Commute Fee covered
- All national holidays observed
- Remote work (subject to manager approval)
- Side work is allowed