HENNGE is at the forefront of the changing workplace. In a world of constant change, we harnesses the power of transformative technology and makes it accessible and secure for all since 1996. It’s a simple story, but one that drives us forward today.
Everyday HENNGE One, one of the top cloud security services in Japan, enables customers to adopt flexible work environments and safely harness the power of the cloud from any location. With cloud security taken care of, employees are free to focus on working smarter, improving quality and achieving business results.
We are eager to leverage the talent available worldwide. While expanding our business, we have changed our official language to English, and now enjoy a workforce with members coming from overseas. As our business continues to grow, we are looking for talented software engineers (front-end, back-end, DevOps) to join our team in Tokyo (no Japanese required).
5 reasons why you will enjoy working at HENNGE
- HENNGE offers a diverse development team with people from over 10 different countries who love both technology and Japanese culture. Situated in the heart of metropolitan Tokyo, HENNGE offers a non-traditional Japanese experience working in Shibuya, one of the busiest and most exciting places in the world.
- HENNGE comprehensively supports your relocation and onboarding to Japan - from your visa all the way to private Japanese lessons.
- Work life balance is highly valued at HENNGE, and lots of fun happens at our office! Weekly board game nights, 90+ social channels in our Slack, internal events, various seasonal in-house events, monthly technical sessions followed by beer bashes, attendance of international tech conferences, bi-weekly company-wide communication lunches, new business contests…
- Our CEO is our CTO and director of our product development teams. He is still keen on the latest technology and ensures we’re always on the bleeding edge. Having a leader who truly understands and is still involved in the tech side of the business makes for an exciting and supportive environment for engineers.
- Working in tight-knit autonomous teams will allow you to make influential decisions that will evolve our services further. Working in an agile manner will enable you to steer the future of all aspects of our products - from UX and architecture to development and deployment.
10:00 - 19:00 with flextime (core hours between 11:00 - 16:00).
Fully remote, with the option to come into the office
We have a full work from home policy but, our Tokyo office is open for anyone who wants to come in. Though the probability is quite low, there might be some instances in which you’ll be requested to come to the office, so we would like you to live somewhere that makes that possible.
Annual paid leave (maximum of 10 days for the first year and will increase over time), New Year’s holiday (Dec 29th - Jan 3rd), an extra four days to be used during the summer time, and national holidays. We also separately provide the ability to take paid time off to care for a family member.
Bonus pay twice a year, health insurance, employment insurance, industrial injury insurance, welfare pension insurance, employee stock ownership plan and benefits for your important life events supporting various SOGI (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity).
Opportunities to attend international and domestic conferences and financial support for technical learning programs and various technical certifications.
About the position
We’re currently looking for a senior front-end engineer to join our fast-paced growing team.
- Design, develop, and maintain innovative features based on business needs
- Bring our design system to life by implementing high-fidelity UI using a modern frontend framework
- Ensure high quality deliverables through CI/CD pipelines, tests, and documentation
- Collaborate with Design, Product Management and Customer Success teams to continuously improve the product
- Support the team by actively participating in discussions and review others’ code
- Improve team synergy and mentor junior engineers
Our Tech Stack
Each product team is free to choose their own tech stack. Each project uses Typescript as the base language, with a combination of these technologies:
- Styled Components
- Redux (Toolkit)
- Jest/Testing Library
- Composition API
- Vue CLI
- 3 years of web development experience, with at least two years in either React or Vue
- Ability to write proper type-safe code with Typescript
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to write robust tests along with your code
- Understand the importance of clean code and software documentation
- Business level English (Japanese is NOT required)
- Last but not least, fit with open source and hacker culture
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Degree in Computer Science or other related technical field
- Experience with state management in a complex web app (e.g. Redux, Vuex)
- Familiarity with design collaboration tools like Figma
- Knowledge setting up build and test environments, CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of Unix-like environment
- Team leadership experience
- Vue: experience with Composition API, SCSS
- React: experience with Hooks, css-in-js libraries
6.5 - 10 million JPY annually.