Indeed is a highly data-driven organization, and that means you won’t have to guess at the impact you’re having - you’ll get rapid feedback about how your efforts are speeding up the site, making workflows more efficient, and, ultimately, helping more people get jobs.
As a member of a cross-functional team, you’ll need to be comfortable making changes outside of the front-end stack — typical applications here have a Java or Python back-end — but your primary role will be to serve as a source of user interface development expertise on your team. You’ll also work with other front-end engineers throughout the organization to solve cross-product concerns, and to help full-stack developers level up their front-end skills.
- Work alongside other engineers on product teams to build and improve user experiences.
- Continually improve code quality, performance and reliability in your product, with a focus on front-end technology.
- Lead front-end initiatives on your team around performance and architecture improvements.
- Inform and educate engineers on your team about front-end topics and best practices.
- Evaluate front-end technologies and contribute to decision-making conversations about applying them to your team’s product.
- 5+ years professional experience in UI development, including experience working on at least one public-facing product with significant traffic.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and influence members of a full-stack product team.
- A demonstrated pattern of staying abreast of modern front-end technologies and practices, while being judicious about introducing new technology to existing codebases.
- Experience providing front-end engineering guidance to a team and being accountable for the results.
- Experience with React framework is a big plus
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, Long Term Incentive Plan units, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Tokyo Base Salary Range: 11,770,000 - 14,470,000 JPY per year