About LINE Fukuoka
LINE Fukuoka is a subsidiary of LINE Corp. that was established in order to take advantage of the city’s unique initiatives. Our LINE SMART CITY FOR FUKUOKA project is part of a partnership agreement with the city itself, where we use state-of-the-art technology in areas like AI and Fintech to help make Fukuoka a richer, more convenient, and future-oriented “Smart City”.
About half of engineering team members come from overseas, and even if you’re not based in Japan, we welcome you to apply
We’ll teach you Japanese
We have a robust English support team and there are many English-speaking employees. Successful applicants without Japanese language skills will be required to attend a Japanese language course for at least the first three months to one year after joining LINE Fukuoka. The language course is sponsored by LINE and is an excellent opportunity to acquire the language.
Many of our development engineers work from home. In certain circumstances, we may ask you to come into the office though, so we require that you be able to come into the office by 11am.
A young city and workforce
Fukuoka has the highest proportion of young people of major cities in Japan. LINE Fukuoka’s workforce is also young, with 87% of employees in their twenties or thirties.
Our response to COVID-19
Although the work location is in Fukuoka, most engineers currently work from home, prioritizing prevention of COVID-19. After COVID-19 comes to an end, we plan to offer a work style that combines working from home and coming to work. More details are available in Japanese.
About the position
We provide a server monitoring system based on Prometheus as a service to support LINE Engineers as they operate a variety of services under the LINE Family.
We developed Promgen, a tool to manage Prometheus and Alertmanager configuration, so that development engineers can take control of their own monitoring. By monitoring and forecasting resource usage, we develop tooling to deal with problems before they occur.
- Development of LINE Family Service Observability and Monitoring
- Development Support/Improving
- Observing usage of resources, development of prediction tools
- To develop tooling around Prometheus and the greater Prometheus ecosystem
Technology we use
Prometheus, Saltstack, Python, Django
- 3+ years of professional experience in maintaining and operating a variety of internet services
- 3+ years of professional experience in troubleshooting and operating linux servers
- Experience in developing with multiple programming languages (any language experience is welcome)
- Motivation to learn Japanese.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Familiarity with Prometheus and the greater Prometheus ecosystem
- Saltstack/Ansible/Configuration Management Experience
- Django Experience
- Log management tools (fluentd, Elasticsearch)
- OSS Contribution experience
Our annual compensation is about 6 - 12 million yen, depending on your experience and skills.