We have multiple on-premise IT infrastructure sites with over 40,000 servers and 3Tbps internet traffic worldwide. Our infrastructure is growing by 30% annually due to service growth and diversification.
A wide variety of applications are being deployed on the infrastructure everyday and there are more than 2,500 developers in over 10 locations worldwide.
With this scale of infrastructure and developers, Learning and operating cost is too high for developers to deploy their applications with awareness of the infrastructure and its configuration.
We, infrastructure software engineers, are responsible for building and operating a platform to connect applications and infrastructure seamlessly using software techniques and methods.
In this position, you’ll be responsible for OpenStack and its middleware of our private cloud platform “Verda” as follows.
- Resolving operation issues on multiple large scale OpenStack clusters
- Customizing and fixing bugs OSS (mainly OpenStack) to meet our requirements
- Troubleshoot our private cloud related softwares (OpenStack, Libvirt, QEMU, Dnsmasq, Kubernetes)
- 3+ years of experience of server-side software engineering, or equivalent experience (C or Go or Python)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Experience of software troubleshooting
- Knowledge of cloud services (network and storage and virtualization).
- Interest in learning new technologies
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience operating or integrating OpenStack or Kubernetes
- Ability to troubleshoot open-source code
- Experience customizing open source for company business requirements
- Experience of contributing open source
- Experience operating or developing a distributed system
- Experience making presentations in tech conferences