Many of LINE’s services are oriented toward global services. At this very moment, there are new services being developed by LINERs around the globe. In order to provide stable and reliable services to customers, it is crucial to have high-level monitoring technology and systems. We focus on building these systems for in-house engineers. We are also creating a high-level development culture for enjoying the challenges of implementing and adopting cutting-edge technologies, and for building best practices and propagating them to the entire company.
- We are seeking Software Development Engineers excited by this opportunity to deal with massive data that set us apart from other companies. You should also be passionate about getting feedback from our outstanding fellow developers as well as influencing them directly.
- Development of a large-scale observability system used to monitor LINE services
- Development of large-scale Metric/Log Stream/Distributed Tracing/Events Logging collection pipeline and processing system
- Development and operation of self-developed Time Series Database to manage large-scale metrics Operating various large-capacity open source storage for storing and managing massive data
- Experience in developing and operating server-side applications
- Experience in using Linux
- Basic knowledge in computer science
- Ability to write clean and succinct code
- Growth mindset and a desire to learn, teach, and improve skills
- Experience with one of programming languages: Java, Go, Kotlin, Rust
- At least one Business-level language (Japanese or English)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience or interest in application monitoring or related development
- Experience or interest in improving distributed application performance
- Experience with Observability/Monitoring tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Influxdb, Datadog, New Relic, …)
- Experience with developing and operating frontend applications
- Love contributing to open-source softwares (Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, …) Ability to speak and write in Japanese or Korean or English fluently