Mercari’s mobile team is currently working on a major re-architecture of the Android/iOS apps in order to create a structure where they can conduct further large-scale development while maintaining speed and security. The team is also working on various other projects, such as developing new features and improving the UX.
- Improving Mercari’s UI/UX
- Improving quality with a focus on stability and performance
- Continuous improvement of the codebase, including the major re-architecture
- Handling updates for the Android app
- Developing new services and linking them with other services
- Experience developing native Android apps
- Extensive knowledge in object-oriented software development, solid MVVM/MVP architecture, multithreading, * networking and memory management.
- Experience with continuous improvement of codebases and large-scale team development
- Knowledge of standard Android libraries and frameworks
- Ability to develop features while conducting unit tests using JUnit and Mockito
- Software development experience with Kotlin at work