Mercari is a marketplace app that makes it easy for people to safely sell and ship their things. Having been downloaded over 100 million times, it is now among the largest peer-to-peer selling platforms globally.
Though we have over 1,800 employees, we still have a startup culture, where we encourage people to come up with big, crazy ideas, and to not be afraid of failure. Because the company is rapidly growing, you can set your own path, and there is enough transparency to allow our members to do so. For instance, at our all-hands meetings, every single member is encouraged to ask questions directly to our executive team.
We're a Japanese company, but are building a global work culture, and so we provide a great opportunity to experience a blend of Japanese and international culture. We relocate developers from around the world to join our team, and provide translation and interpretation to smooth communication between members.
We want our employees to be able to give 100% both inside and outside of the office, and our benefits reflect this. These include providing language education, financial support for childcare, and allowing you to pursue paid side gigs outside of working with us.
About the position
- Implement and maintain an experimentation platform
- Work with other software engineers and product owners to integrate experimentation and feature flagging into their teams
- Propose and review architecture designs, code, and tests
- Plan computing resources required for production deployment and client request volume
- Promote increased software development productivity strategies and lean product development
- 5+ years experience in software engineering
- Interested in the Go programming language
- Deploying and managing services in Kubernetes
- Docker containers
- Build continuous deployment pipelines and infrastructure
- Build tools such as Bazel, Google Cloud Build, CircleCI, Makefiles, and Shell scripts
- Git version control
- SQL databases
- System architectures designs and proposals