You will help build the team and develop team members to their full potential. You will also own the whole development process from discussing initial feature ideas to hands-on development and delivery!
Our current tech stack is Nuxt/Vue, NestJS, DataDog, Rollbar, GitHub Actions for CICD, Terraform for provisioning infrastructure, AWS (MySQL, SQS, OpenSearch, DynamoDB, Lambda, ECS…). But we are evolving and very open to ideas!
- Build the engineering team and grow its member, including, but not limited to, hiring, doing 1:1s and performance evaluation
- Working closely with the product team and the business team to refine feature requirements and translate them into tasks.
- Taking ownership of delivery: lead the team in doing estimation, planning resources, implementing to managing schedules.
- Facilitate efforts to improve our platform through solid architecture and best practices
- Facilitate efforts to improve the development process
- 5+ years of professional experience in web/backend development
- Professional experience in a technical management or leadership role, with at least one year leading team of 5+ engineers
- Good grasp of at least one of programming languages
- Experience working with relational databases and cloud service providers (especially AWS)
- Ability to do hands-on development with the team (needed to realize engineering issues and improvements).
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Familiarity with Typescript
- Japanese ability
8 to 13 million JPY annually.