We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to work on our various systems which need high scalability, reliability and availability. These challenges require creative thinking and a deep understanding of how software and platform work.
Our ideal candidate is an ace problem solver and a learner at heart. You should have a very high degree of comfort in a programming language of your choice. We offer a flexible work schedule and you get your choice of tools (both hardware and software) and most importantly, the opportunity to work on tough problems with the brightest minds around you. So, if challenges excite you, and you’re ready for a big one, let us know.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software and core platform
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership.
- Provides input and guidance during all phases of programs to solve challenging technical issues.
- Build common platforms to support different business vertical application systems
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible
- Adopt problem-solving as a way of life – always go to the root cause!
- One of the following:
- Solid foundation in designing, implementing, and maintaining a large-scale distributed system (e.g. with microservice architecture).
- Experience in developing distributed platform systems such as Messaging Platforms, Pub/Sub Systems, Databases, Distributed Computing Frameworks, and Schedulers.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 7+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Strong fundamentals in data structure, algorithm, operating system and object-oriented programming
- Deep understanding of concurrency, distributed computing, large-scale system, messaging and algorithm
- Software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages
- Interest and ability to learn new technology stacks as needed
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experience in working for system development in finance, payment, or similar industries
- Experience with AWS services
- Contribute to open-source projects
- Language ability in Japanese and English is a plus (We have a professional translator but it is nice to have language skills)
14 to 25 million JPY annually.