Peatix is a global event registration platform that provides event organizers with powerful tools to create, promote, manage and sell out events of all sizes. Launched in 2011 in Japan, Peatix is now headquartered in New York and has expanded into Singapore and Malaysia. We have enabled more than 850,000 events, and have more than 5 million users globally.
Connecting people around the world
At Peatix, we believe we can make a great positive impact by making it easier for people to meet with each other and strengthen their communities. By helping organizers create more and more diverse events for more and more diverse groups of people, we hope to connect people around the world and let people understand each other.
A diverse team
Peatix is made up of people of a number of different nationalities and backgrounds. We will continue to be a company that embraces diversity and look forward to applications from people from various backgrounds and lifestyles. Peatix will not discriminate against Peatix employees or applicants based on their age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation or any other differences.
About the position
- Design Peatix’s Web Application with Product Managers, Designer and other team members.
- Write robust, maintainable code for Peatix’s customer facing and internal administrative web apps.
- Understand in depth, refactor and improve Peatix’s codebase.
- Contribute technical knowledge to conversations about the direction of Peatix’s web apps.
- Review code to ensure high quality and provide a place to learn / teach.
- Lead and develop complex projects.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Help with migrating our current codebase to a newer framework.
- You have experience working with React / Vue.
- You have worked with Web APIs.
- You have a good track record of leading projects and bringing them successfully to the finish line.
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- You have experience designing APIs.
- You have experience working with Git and/or GitHub.
- You have experience working with AWS.