Our Tokyo Engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our customers - from a handful of robots to hundreds of robots; from a small team to multiple squads. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem.
- Support sites before they go live through activities such as vendor management, network installation and validation, spinning up new environments, etc.
- Maintain sites once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, network performance, and overall product health.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of deployments and updates, using the operational knowledge to speed up the entire chain.
- Work alongside project management to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Act as the single source of truth of what is currently happening and what is going to happen during a major incident.
- Responsible for Mean time to detect (MTTD), Mean time to resolve (MTTR), Mean time to acknowledge (MTTA), SLA’s for resolution
- Build and evolve the operations handbook.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix fundamentals.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Strong knowledge of linux networking, routing concepts, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Ability to build and deliver hands-on technology, proof of concepts, and demonstrations.
- Familiar with Config Management, Docker, Infrastructure as a service, Platform as a service, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, DevOps
- Experience cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform/Amazon Web Services/Azure
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with WiFi setup and troubleshooting.
- Understands the risks involved in a startup (previous startup experience preferred).