About Rapyuta Robotics
Rapyuta Robotics aims at building low cost, lightweight autonomous mobile robots with high-level intelligence distributed in the cloud, enabling such robots to offload some of their heavy computation and seamlessly learn and share experiences with one another.
Live your best life - at work and outside
We strive to create an environment that is open - inclusive and transparent and safe - for taking risks and being you! We work hard and relatively a bit long to make a dent in the universe, but we make sure we have time for our families, friends, and lives outside the office. With a diverse set of professionals ranging from mechanical engineering to machine learning, culture from more than 15 countries, and robots from AMRs to Arms, there is always something to learn and to be amazed!
We welcome overseas candidates
If you aren’t based in Japan yet, we’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. In addition to covering part of your airfare, we provide a fixed relocation fee of ¥100,000 for a single employee, and ¥200,000 for those with family.
Our response to COVID-19
Based on the work nature of our work with robotic software, it’s mandatory for most of the engineers to be on-site. While we’re still coming into the office, we’re aligning with whatever the government is requesting, such as requesting employees to wear masks and undergo temperature checks.
For candidates overseas, we’ll support your visa, but you’ll need to wait until travel restrictions are loosened to be onboarded.
About the position
Our Tokyo Engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our customers - from a handful of robots to hundreds of robots; from a small team to multiple squads. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem.
- Support sites before they go live through activities such as vendor management, network installation and validation, spinning up new environments, etc.
- Maintain sites once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, network performance, and overall product health.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of deployments and updates, using the operational knowledge to speed up the entire chain.
- Work alongside project management to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Act as the single source of truth of what is currently happening and what is going to happen during a major incident.
- Responsible for Mean time to detect (MTTD), Mean time to resolve (MTTR), Mean time to acknowledge (MTTA), SLA’s for resolution
- Build and evolve the operations handbook.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix fundamentals.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Strong knowledge of linux networking, routing concepts, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Ability to build and deliver hands-on technology, proof of concepts, and demonstrations.
- Familiar with Config Management, Docker, Infrastructure as a service, Platform as a service, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, DevOps
- Experience cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform/Amazon Web Services/Azure
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with WiFi setup and troubleshooting.
- Understands the risks involved in a startup (previous startup experience preferred).