About Rapyuta Robotics
Rapyuta Robotics aims at building low cost, lightweight autonomous mobile robots with high-level intelligence distributed in the cloud, enabling such robots to offload some of their heavy computation and seamlessly learn and share experiences with one another.
Live your best life - at work and outside
We strive to create an environment that is open - inclusive and transparent and safe - for taking risks and being you! We work hard and relatively a bit long to make a dent in the universe, but we make sure we have time for our families, friends, and lives outside the office. With a diverse set of professionals ranging from mechanical engineering to machine learning, culture from more than 15 countries, and robots from AMRs to Arms, there is always something to learn and to be amazed!
We welcome overseas candidates
If you aren’t based in Japan yet, we’ll help you obtain a visa and provide relocation support. In addition to covering part of your airfare, we provide a fixed relocation fee of ¥100,000 for a single employee, and ¥200,000 for those with family.
Our response to COVID-19
Based on the work nature of our work with robotic software, it’s mandatory for most of the engineers to be on-site. While we’re still coming into the office, we’re aligning with whatever the government is requesting, such as requesting employees to wear masks and undergo temperature checks.
For the candidate overseas, we’ll support your visa. You have to relocate to Tokyo after the borders open. Till then you can start working remotely with us.
About the position
We are developing the world’s first enterprise-level Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for robots, creating a rare opportunity for an experienced, product-focused engineering professional. The PaaS aims to aid and offer innovative features to handle every part of the product lifecycle required to support and deliver consumer-facing connected machines and services.
Site Reliability Engineering combines skills of software and systems engineering. Your key responsibility is to focus on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation to make them more reliable and ensure the highest possible uptime for all users and developers on the rapyuta platform.
Your responsibilities will include the following but not limited to:
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning, and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and postmortems
- Build and evolve the operations handbook
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience with an outstanding track record
- At least 2 years of experience in product development and/or supporting operations
- Mastery of one or more of the following programming languages including but not limited to Python, Golang, Ruby, Bash
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Familiar with Config Management, Docker, IaaS, PaaS, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, DevOps, ChatOps
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals and practical experience troubleshooting networked services
- Demonstrated proficiency with: Linux systems, public cloud platforms, and associated tools/technologies
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with container management platforms like Kubernetes, OpenShift or Mesos
- Experience cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform/Amazon Web Services/Azure
- Open source contributions and projects.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, as well as queuing systems.
- Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks