We are looking to hire an Engineer with skills that can help us improve our products and assist with deployments, with a particular focus on Internet of Things (IoT) projects. We focus on developing new cross-industry products and we are looking to expand our teams to help us bring these new products to market. We’re looking for people who share our aptitude for work to help us develop smart and well designed technical solutions for our clients.
- Working closely with a knowledgeable team of consultants and IT professionals
- Work with hardware on a daily basis in our Tokyo Ebisu office; common examples include Raspberry Pis, 3D printers, routers and CCTV cameras
- Working methodically, deliver hardware and software deployment solutions
- Giving advice on technology adoption and selection as it pertains to IoT and networking solutions in house but also to external clients. It’s not a project management role although mentoring is encouraged
- Be enthusiastic to learn and implement IoT and network deployment best practices
- Occasionally have direct contact with clients in Japan to deploy hardware
- Work with the AI Teams in the development of data acquisition devices through a variety of sensors as well as the communication of these sensors with servers in the cloud.
- Hold a bachelor’s level degree in a computer science or equivalent experience
- At least a year’s recent commercial programming with a strong emphasis towards delivering IoT and/or networking solutions
- Ability to work reproducibly and methodically
- Comfortable deploying hardware on site (occasional travel within Japan)
- Expert understanding of a wide variety of IoT/Networking/IT technologies
- Confidence with Linux
- Experience with edge devices and how to establish connection/communication between devices
- Able to read a data-sheet and use it to interact with electrical devices
- Able to use electrical equipment safely
- Design and implement solutions around sensors
- Able to adapt when constrained or restricted by hardware options
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with AWS Services, particularly IoT relevant services like AWS Greengrass and AWS Systems Manager
- Experience with network infrastructure best practices
- Experience working with paying customer requirements
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with common AI libraries
- 3D printing experience. In special troubleshooting printing problems
- Experience with printed circuit boards (PCB) design
- Knowledge in robotics including motion control, planning, and error handling
- Japanese language proficiency
5 to 10 million JPY annually (negotiable based on experience).