We are developing web-based HR products, cross-industry AI, IoT, Robotics, Cloud & Big Data solutions to surpass Customer business objectives and exceed Customer expectations. Today, we already work in a range of Industries such as Human Resources, Hospitality, Education, Health Care, Warehousing & Inventory, and Health & Fitness.
International and English-friendly
More than half of our engineers and designers come from outside of Japan and our main language used is English. We generally don’t require any Japanese ability, and welcome candidates looking to relocate to Japan (you’ll work on a remote contract initially, and then we’ll relocate you here).
Scoville is rapidly expanding and we are looking for members who want to grow their careers with us. For this reason we empower each other to shape our careers.
Free weekly Japanese lessons
You’ll be offered a one hour one-on-one weekly Japanese lesson with a professional Japanese teacher. There’s also the opportunity to get more exposure to Japanese language by participating in meetings with Japanese speakers, and other support via unoffical means, like our active Japanese language slack channel.
Fully remote is an option
We offer 100% remote working to all our software (AI, web) engineers and designers.
Each software engineer or designer is free to choose how often they visit the office. They can choose to go to the office, to work fully remote with no office visits in principle, or anything in between.
Employees can also select where they live and work as long as they reside within Japan.
Note that all employees will continue to receive fair treatment regardless of whether they choose to come to the office or not.
- Enjoy a high-engagement culture
- Be exceptional at what you do
- Help colleagues succeed
- Embody diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Know how to have fun
About the position
We are hiring an experienced AI Engineer to develop and improve NLP related products.
What You Will Do
This is a hands-on technical role, day to day activities include:
- Working closely with a knowledgeable team of consultants and IT professionals
- Delivering working software
- Giving advice on technology adoption and selection as it pertains to AI solutions. It’s not a project management role although mentoring is encouraged
- Influence and guide the direction of the AI-based solutions and ramp up the rest of the team’s AI knowledge
- Enough Japanese ability to perform NLP on Japanese language
- 2+ years experience with NLP and AI technologies
- Expert understanding of a wide variety of NLP and AI technologies, such as
- Sound processing (in special voice related)
- Sound enhancement (denoising, diarization, etc)
- Semantic analysis
- Experience training & deploying machine learning models in Production
- Able to adapt when constrained or restricted by hardware options
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with AWS Services
- AI skills & libraries for image processing, human detection and tracking
- AI as a Service (AWS / Cloud)
- Image Processing
- Voice Recognition
- Optical Character Recognition
- Experience with inference optimisation frameworks such as TensorRT, OpenVino or TFLite
- Experience developing with “edge” devices (cheaper devices)
- Experience working with near real-time AI
￥6.0 - 12.0 million/year (negotiable based on experience)