As a frontend engineer, you are responsible for delivering quality information in a format that renders it instantly accessible and easy to read for both mobile and desktop products for both our Japanese and global users.
- Rapid frontend development of hybrid apps to deliver information that meets users’ real-time demand (e.g., Corona Virus Real-Time Updates, Olympics, etc.)
- Collaborating with product managers and UX designers to provide web applications from formulating user stories, designing, implementing, and to production
- Collaborating with other engineering teams to develop frontend platforms, components, and APIs for global team members
- Feature development (such as SmartView) to improve user experience
- Providing technical innovation to promote good usability, improve product reliability, and system resiliency
- Standardizing web foundation to increase internal engineering productivity at scale.
- Participating in the product development life cycle for features build using web technologies, including planning, design, implementation, and maintenance, focus on UI/UX design both for PC and mobile
- Experience in building and scaling modern web applications
- Experience with common frontend development tools (Babel, Webpack, Rollup, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks (React, Vue, Svelte, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of mobile web development
- Strong interest in new web specifications and standards
- An eye for detail, a sense of aesthetics, and a love for user experience