About Springer Nature
Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
About the position
Main duties will include:
- Design and development of frontend framework and templates
- Creating design comps
- Creating static web pages as well as dynamic templates
- Updating and maintaining frontend frameworks
- Project management for frontend development projects
- Creating html email templates
- 3-5 years of frontend web development experience
- Strong project management skills for frontend development
- Strong understanding of web accessibility, CSS design and site performance
- Strong understanding of frontend frameworks (Vue.js, React.js)
- Strong understanding of Git
- Strong skills in Photoshop/Illustrator/XD
- Strong understanding of the core principles of localization
- Familiarity using Webpack
- Understanding of MVC frameworks
- Knowledge of Docker, Symfony and Python a plus
- Excellent English communication skills (business level)
- Japanese communication skills
Candidate must be located and able to work in Japan. Candidate can be promoted to a regular employee depending on performance after a one-year contract.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.