Startbahn has developed Startrail, a sustainable and scalable blockchain infrastructure that assures the reliability, authenticity, and traceability of artworks, including NFTs.
Trusted by respected stakeholders, we issue NFTs for artworks traded on Sotheby’s, OpenSea, SBI Art Auction, and Shueisha Manga Art Heritage, and The Artling for artworks from Claude Monet and Ryoji Ikeda, and for leading private collections such as the Taguchi Art Collection.
We do so by providing blockchain infrastructure to empower stakeholders across the entire art market spectrum. Startrail offers a long-term perspective to protect and increase artworks’ value by permanently recording provenance, auction results, and exhibition history, alongside terms and conditions set directly by the artist. Leading from our successes in the fine art ecosystem, we are now expanding SRR issuance to the fashion, sports, and gaming industries. From Japan to the world, we believe that NFTs provide unparalleled funnels to greater creativity and fairer marketplaces.
Many connections to the art industry
We would like to make a better world for all art industry participants, such as artists, collectors, galleries, auction houses, etc. One unique quality about our company is that our CEO Taihei Shii himself is an artist and started our project to solve the pain he’s felt. We have many people from the art industry at our company, and we believe our goal can be achieved by combining their knowledge with blockchain technology.
An international engineering team
Over 70% of our engineers are non-Japanese, and our engineering team communicates exclusively in English, so no Japanese ability is required.
If you’re not based in Japan yet, we welcome you to apply. Candidates whose working schedule overlaps with Japan’s by about 4 hours can work remotely from their own country, and we’ll support people looking to relocate to Japan.
Our engineering team works 100% remotely. It is possible to work in an office if you’d prefer to though.
Our Development Environment
- Frontend: Next.js (TypeScript), Nuxt.js (TypeScript) , CSR/SSR, REST, GraphQL, SCSS
- Backend: Node.js (TypeScript), NestJS
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform(GCP)
- Blockchain: Ethereum, Polygon
- Source control: GitHub
- CI/CD: CircleCI
- Design: Figma
- Communication: Slack, Notion, Zoom, GitHub, JIRA
Although this is our current environment, you are welcome to implement changes to a more appropriate environment.
About the position
This role is to lead the developments of our product directly under the CTO, and will involve both coding and management tasks. In it, you’ll be contributing your knowledge and experience across the full-stack of web application development. Blockchain related experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- Proficient skills of web front-end development using modern frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular
- Experience with DevOps/infrastructure on cloud-based environments such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with leading development team, size of 3 engineers or more
- Understanding of MVC, Clean Architecture, DDD, BFF, etc
- Experience of developing the company’s own business service with a team
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Interest and basic knowledge about blockchain, Ethereum, smart contracts, cryptocurrency and web3.0
- Kubernetes experience
- Dapps experience and have thoughts about its possibilities
- Open Source Software contributions
- Experience giving presentations at events (internal or external). If you have a URL, please let us know
- Experience with multiple development methodologies (e.g. multiple flavours of agile, or even waterfall)
- Experience with leading a large scale refactoring or carrying out one yourself