TableCheck is changing the online reservation business by connecting millions of diners around the world to the restaurants they love. We help diners make restaurant reservations, and we help merchants manage table inventory, enrich dining experiences, and visualize multi-property analytics to gain insights into restaurant performance. Our goal is to both inform and delight.
We’re remote-first, having an asynchronous style working, with employees spread throughout Asia and Europe working on the same team. As such, communication and documentation are in our blood. We look for and write about signals in the noise which enables us to constantly learn and adapt, and we expect members of our teams to constantly follow up with questions and updates to keep everyone in the loop.
Our engineering team communicates in English, and so we generally don’t require Japanese skills. We also welcome applicants currently outside Japan. If you want to relocate here, we can sponsor your visa. We’re also open to remote candidates who do not plan to relocate.
Our response to COVID-19
We have moved to remote-first, asynchronous style working. There is no longer any obligation to go to our office.
About the position
At TableCheck we have a multi-cultural front-end team with blended skillsets who work closely with the rest of the IT and Design teams to create a vision and drive the growth of our business internationally. The front-end team not only takes full ownership of building all of the company’s public-facing applications and websites, they also create and maintain their own internal tools and libraries, participate in the open-source community and follow the web development best practices.
The Front-end Developer’s mission is to help create the best restaurant reservation experience in the world and continue improving our table management system, contactless payment platform, online restaurant search portal, analytics app, and many other products. The breadth of technology related work at TableCheck will be both a challenge and a rewarding way to learn. If you genuinely love what you do, are driven and passionate, and like a fast-paced startup environment, then we want to hear from you.
- Write and refactor code for new or existing products
- Implement state management solutions and connect with APIs
- Participate in code reviews (we use Gitlab)
- Participate in sprint meetings and work with project/product managers
- Work with designers and build prototypes
- Fix issues detected in production or any other environment
- Write tests and work with QA Engineers
- Improve and maintain internal tools and libraries, including Tablekit (TableCheck’s Design System)
- Write technical articles and other types of documents
Please do not apply for this position unless you are capable in the following areas:
- 2+ years experience with React and SPAs
- 2+ years experience with any state management architecture
- TypeScript/Flow and ESlint
- OSS, NPM, Git, CI and code reviews
- SSR Using Razzle, Webpack and Express
- Test-driven development using Jest, Enzyme and Cypress
- A solid understanding of agile development and software development processes
- Ability to openly communicate and debate your ideas
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to work remotely and asynchronously with minimal supervision
- Be proactive and a team player
- Strong focus on problem solving, delivery and meeting deadlines
- Interest in tooling
- Experience with micro frontends
- Previous startup experience
- Experience working with a design system and UI Toolkit
- Design skills (wireframes, mock-ups, clickable prototypes)
- Experience with mobile native apps programming
- Interested in security or performance
- English is required. Japanese is nice to have, but optional
- Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their technical skill, cultural fit, and strength of their previous experience
- Applicants will be asked to complete a small coding project for evaluation purposes