Senior Engineers at Treasure Data understand and make well-reasoned design decisions and tradeoffs in their area, and are able to work in other areas of the system with guidance. They are eager to iteratively and rapidly deliver resilient systems while helping their team and department deliver smoothly, plan for the future, and reduce complexity and risk of their technical deliverables. You communicate technical decisions clearly and visibly to the team. You regularly deliver software or systems on-time and are constantly working to make accurate forecasts and deliver on those forecasts.
Success in this role requires working directly and specifically in your area, but also regularly contributing to common code, standards, and practices. You and your team will be directly responsible for solutions for the platform in these key areas: Cloud Networking Design, Implementation, Administration, and Automation.
Things you will do:
- Work with Site Reliability Engineering, IT Operations, Corporate IT, and Security & Trust teams to meet Engineering objectives for security and compliance
- Work with Engineering teams to focus the team on high value projects, lead delivery and identify major initiatives on clear timeline
- Scope and stage quarter-sized projects into well defined milestones allowing for incremental delivery aligned to intentional tradeoffs.
- With your team, create, improve, operate, and retire core platform services and APIs used by teams to deliver value to customers
- With your team as service owners, create, improve, operate, and retire services in the critical path of production
- Spend most of your time as a delivery contributor: writing high quality, testable code for our systems, and assisting with production operations as part of our full team on-call rotation
- Architecture for the near-future of networking, routing, subnets, addressing, connectivity as-code representation and change management of it
- Work with our security and trust team to build in capabilities for security & compliance tooling to monitor/observe network connectivity for our customers (public AND private)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Have experience operating services running in the cloud on AWS, or other public clouds or virtualized API-driven platforms along with a clear knowledge of how they differ.
- Have experience with distributed systems and operating them as they scale, including understanding their common failure modes.
- You are a student of complex systems theory and how to build resilient and adaptive systems and teams.
- Have experience on designing and maintenance of systems running on public cloud which is distributed across multiple geo locations on the globe, including connectivity between those different locations
- Have experience to establish/maintain highly-resilient networking infrastructure between cloud and on-premises utilizing AWS DirectConnect or some VPN solutions, including good understanding on IPv4 routing technologies like BGP
- Pride yourself on giving back to your community: open source contributions, speaking, teaching, mentoring, or helping others.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written English language abilities.
- Experience speaking and/or writing Japanese.
- Very competitive compensation package
- Provision of RSU
- 20+ days of paid leave