As a member of the new Operations team within the SRE Group, you will work with stakeholders to build, deploy, maintain and operate services, delivering value to customers. You will be customer-focused, insist on the highest standards, and take ownership of solutions. You will help define the culture, tools, and processes that ensure operational excellence. You will be confident operating services with persistent data at scale in a cloud environment.
- Experience working with persistent databases in a cloud environment, eg. PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra
- Experience operating services running in the cloud on AWS, or other public clouds or virtualized API-driven platforms along with a clear knowledge of how they differ
- Experience with distributed systems and operating them as they scale, including understanding their common failure modes
- Experience managing Infrastructure as Code, eg. Terraform, CloudFormation
- Proficient use of at least one major programming/scripting language, eg. python, ruby, shell
- Can scope and stage three month projects into well defined milestones allowing for incremental delivery aligned to intentional tradeoffs.
- Understanding and appreciation of the cultural philosophies, tools, and practices that increase and organization’s ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written English language abilities
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- Have the demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a specialized team.
- Have the ability to slow down and communicate clearly and effectively across language barriers.
- Have experience working in highly distributed teams, across large timezone differences, different cultures, and even languages.
- Experience speaking and/or writing Japanese.
- Very competitive compensation package
- Provision of RSU
- 20+ days of paid leave