We are seeking a highly talented, driven, and motivated Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with big ideas, someone who is obsessed with quality and is a customer champion. As a SDET, on a day-to-day basis, you will work within an organization of close-knit Engineers and Managers that are incredibly technical, agile, data driven, and highly collaborative.
You will write test plans that cover the product functionalities at the user level and implement them, either manually or with the aid of automated tools. You will use white box testing techniques, and are able to understand software internals, debug problems. A portion of your time will be used to build automated regression test suites.
You will work with our Software Engineers, Product Managers, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans that approximate real-world product usage. You will maintain regression tests to ensure quality standards over time. You will also be responsible for driving the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. You have an interest in figuring out a root cause and also an ability to work harmoniously with developers to communicate issues and deploy fixes.
- Transforming requirements in Test plans covering smoke, sanity, regression, databases, integration and acceptance testing.
- Functional testing in charge of defining and driving the creation of a manual and/or automated QA process.
- Work the Product team in gathering product specifications (PRD).
- Collaborate with closely with the Engineering team to gather testing requirements.
- Develop test data, perform test data analysis and prepare reports of test results internally, using JIRA, along with detailed and easy-to-understand bug reporting.
- Assist with the creation of software product documentation and verify its ease of use.
- Develop automated regression test suites.
- 8+ years of proven ability of which at least 5 years in a software testing or software development role.
- 3 years of automation experience in the testing of API, big data complex queries using Hive and Presto.
- 4+ years of experience with Python or Java.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment with minimal processes, limited guidance, and focused on productivity.
- Ability to triage issues and multitask on multiple projects.
- Working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand the business requirements.
- Ability to articulate vision and convey a sense of urgency.
- Showing creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Good attitude towards collaboration, helpfulness, and problem solving.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with web services, in particular REST API testing using an automated framework.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong SQL experience including complex query design, and experience working with Big Data.
- Continuous integration (CI)
Nice to haves
These aren’t required, but be sure to mention them in your application if you have them.
- A CQE Certification
- Experience with Hadoop technology stacks with hands-on experience running complex queries.
- Experience in API testing using one of the open source tools.
- 3+ years of leadership role.
- Familiarity with other Testing/QA automation tools for performance, load, stability, data quality, so you can lead the way with these tests.