WealthPark provides digital solutions that promote business efficiency to Property Managers. Our service is widely used by many Property Managers both domestically and abroad. In addition, WealthPark Mobile App, an effective communication tool between Property Managers and its customers (property investors), is currently available in four languages (Japanese, English, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese) and serves 14 countries/regions. Our team consists of 96 members with diverse experience related to real estate, investment banking, consulting, manufacturing, e-commerce, and so forth. Approximately half of them are foreign nationals from 12 different countries.
90% of our engineers are non-Japanese
As a highly international engineering team, we communicate in English, and have no Japanese language requirements for most of our engineering positions. We also accept candidates from overseas looking to relocate to Japan.
Our response to COVID-19
ＷealthPark is currently working completely remotely. However, should employees choose to come into the office, they are not prohibted from doing so. Most engineers work remotely, but sometimes they come to the office.
No decision has been made yet about what will happen after COVID-19. However, we believe that offline communication is important, so it’s likely in the future employees will need to be in the office at least some of the time.
We generally conduct a series of three interviews. In addition to these interviews, we may arrange opportunities for casual conversations with team members.
About the position
WealthPark is looking for a backend engineer who can help with transitioning our architecture from a monolith to microservices. In this position, you’ll
- Develop the server-side as part of a team (product manager, designer, backend, frontend engineer)
- Develop new features and architecture through design sprints and event storming.
- Maintain and improve the existing products (mainly PHP (Monolith) / Ruby (API))
- Develop new APIs and improve the architecture using Golang and node.js
- 4+ years of experience in development in any combination of Ruby, Python, PHP, or Node.js
- 2+ years of experience in API development in Golang
- An interest in business and services
- Basic understanding of Domain Driven Development
- Ability to take the initiative in researching and code reading for products written in Ruby, PHP, and Python as needed
Nice to haves
While not required, tell us if you have any of the following.
- Experiences of using NoSQL such as MongoDB.
- Experience running and maintaining a variety of cloud infrastructure especially AWS.
- Experience with container, orchestration tooling such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of OAuth and open id connect.
- Experience in the financial industry.
- Japanese communication skills.